Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Instead of water for my coffee I use the tears of my defeated foes. It makes it taste of victory.

ReputationRep:
    I'm more of a coffee drinker, i put 2 teaspoons of coffee into my cup and then add the hot water, then i add a splash of milk, just enough to make it golden brown. I hate it if its got too much milk in it. No sugar in my coffee, IMO coffee is supposed to be bitter and savoury tasting.

whenever i drink tea i put the tea bag in, water in then i squash the teabag into the side of the cup then i take it out. I then add a splash of milk and about 10 spoonfuls of sugar. I like sugary tea.

ReputationRep:
    Tea - green tea with jasmine, brewed for a few minutes so it's really strong. I had this everyday on my German exchange because they didn't have any regular green tea and the taste brings me back so much.
    Coffee - with 2 parts hot chocolate to 1 part coffee, and then I carry on adding 'cocoa dust' until it's basically a zingy hot chocolate (I'm such a child!)

ReputationRep:
    PG tips, a pinch of sugar (that's how little, don't know how else to describe it lol.), and 2 tablespoons of milk ? I don't know, I like to be a kinda perfectionist so I measure out the milk so it's the right colour of tea.

4 cups a day at least !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobifier)
    Instead of water for my coffee I use the tears of my defeated foes. It makes it taste of victory.
    HAHAHA. This got me laughing more than it should've !

ReputationRep:
    Tea for me with 1TBSP of sugar and milk in it, 3 times a day is what I have it. Its after all a rich source of antioxidants which are beneficial for detoxification of the body.

ReputationRep:
    Tea and milk with no sugar. Mocha coffee and cafe latte. I love Nero's mocha!

ReputationRep:
    I tend to have tea without sugar, but quite milky; I opt for coffee with two or three sugars, which is totally dependent on my laziness...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deedee123)
    I'm more of a coffee drinker, i put 2 teaspoons of coffee into my cup and then add the hot water, then i add a splash of milk, just enough to make it golden brown. I hate it if its got too much milk in it. No sugar in my coffee, IMO coffee is supposed to be bitter and savoury tasting.

whenever i drink tea i put the tea bag in, water in then i squash the teabag into the side of the cup then i take it out. I then add a splash of milk and about 10 spoonfuls of sugar. I like sugary tea.
    That's not sugary tea, that's more like tea-y sugar!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mechie)
    That's not sugary tea, that's more like tea-y sugar!
    i know, im a sugar fiend. I never drink it anyway

ReputationRep:
    Both milk and two sugars.

/thread

ReputationRep:
    I like them both sweet, weak and milky. I don't particularly like the taste of tea, but it's nice to have a warm drink. And it's less faffing than a coffee as I don't have soo uch milk in it that I need to hea it up in the microwave to make sure it's hot enough.

So obviously if I go to a cafe or round my boyfriends who has one of those tassimo coffee makers I have a latte. At home I attempt to make my own. I fill 1/3 of the cup with milk then heat it up in the microwave. Then ad some boiling wtaer, coffee and sugar.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=MsFahima;42746197]Tea: Indian Tea - Warm water, milk and loose tea in a pan -once it's boiled - pour it into a cup through a sieve - Ta Da! Fab tea!
    Coffee: 1 1/2 sugar, 1 1/2 coffee and Milk. Warm milk on the stove in a pan first. Add sugar and coffee in the mug. Once milk has boiled add it into the mug![/QUOTE

Yeah this type of tea is the best

ReputationRep:
    Tea, quite a bit of milk and 2 sugars
    Chai has already been mentioned, I love that too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza.anne)
    I love both.

But for tea, 2 sweeteners or some honey and a lil bit of milk. Enough to make it golden :yep:

And for coffee, 2 sweeteners and a whole lotta milk.

And don't forget the biscuits :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Never thought about having honey in tea! Definitely going to try this. Thanks for the idea

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Perfect tea depends on how i feel:
    Normally: tea, mid strength no sugar
    If im sleepy: tea mid strength with a teaspoon of brown sugar - SO nice.
    Fave coffee- very strong italian black coffee which has been refrigerated for hours

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    A mug full of Kona coffee with milk and 3 sugar substitutes

ReputationRep:
    Don't really drink coffee but when i do plenty of milk and 2 sugars
    Tea i have reeeally milky literally like 3 quarters hot water and 1 quarter milk. And 2 sugars

bit of a sugar addict :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    Tea: the mug has to be heated, so I leave some boiling water in there for a few minutes until the mug is hot to the touch. Then drain that water (or put it back in the kettle to be re-boiled). The tea bag has to brew for exactly 3 and a half minutes. No more, no less. Then one spoon of sugar, thoroughly stirred and enough milk until it is the colour of my foundation (weird way of measuring I know. It's a habit from my year as an art student).

Coffee: two very heaped spoons of strong espresso powder and two spoons of sugar, a touch of water to make that into a paste (or a mini espresso shot). In a separate pan heat one cup of milk until it smells comforting and take it off just before its about to bubble over. Add the hot milk to the coffee paste in the mug, stir until well combined and enjoyyyy.

Didn't know this was going to be so long!!! I make tea for my family all the time (about 30+ people) so this is expert advice

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tea - with condensed milk and two tablespoons of sugar

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.