Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    With physics mechanics done with, I'm cracking on with some D1 and S1 revision! I've done most of the D1 past papers and am averaging solid A's so I'm feeling okay about the exam on Friday! Fingers crossed we get a decent paper!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metaltron)
    I am, such an interesting module despite its negative reputation.

I have attached the Jan 13 paper and mark scheme.
    Hey buddy, any chance you can attach the answer booklet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rajan)
    Hey buddy, any chance you can attach the answer booklet?
    Hi, I have the answer booklet.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf 4736-01 answer book Jan13.pdf (256.7 KB, 99 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplemind)
    Hi, I have the answer booklet.
    Cheers buddy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rajan)
    Cheers buddy!
    You're welcome.

ReputationRep:
    Feeling a little miffed about the travelling salesperson problem. I've just been on my maths and it mentions a load of stuff about classical problems etc. Can a solution repeat nodes (i.e. not be Hamiltonian)? Do we need to be able to convert classical problems into "modern" ones?

Cheers guys

ReputationRep:
    Triangle inequalities are a bit confusing too. This sort of thing has only come up in one past paper I have done though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kabutsu12)
    Triangle inequalities are a bit confusing too. This sort of thing has only come up in one past paper I have done though.
    Triangle inequalities? Do you remember which paper and question that was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplemind)
    Triangle inequalities? Do you remember which paper and question that was?
    what is a triangle inequality?

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean the Linear Programming stuff where you get given a graph, you have to work the the inequalities and vertices of the feasible region and then find where the problem is maximised?

ReputationRep:
    it's not in a paper, it's in the Cambridge ocr text books. I'm sure now that it wont come up in the exam and is nothing to worry about. Its basically dealing with shortcuts in the travelling salesman problem.

ReputationRep:
    it's not in a paper, it's in the Cambridge ocr text books. I'm sure now that it wont come up in the exam and is nothing to worry about. Its basically dealing with shortcuts in the travelling salesman problem.
    Oh, you mean using Simplex to find the shortest path.
    Meh, nothing to worry about then.

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    Any ideas what's going to come up on the exam?
    I think there's definitely going to be a linear programming question seeing as there was one on Jan 13

ReputationRep:
    Feeling a little miffed about the travelling salesperson problem. I've just been on my maths and it mentions a load of stuff about classical problems etc. Can a solution repeat nodes (i.e. not be Hamiltonian)? Do we need to be able to convert classical problems into "modern" ones?

Cheers guys
    No i think thats where the site is messed up a bit and mixes exam boards. like in ocr C3 it has integration by substitution which is not needed

ReputationRep:
    What are you all doing today to prepare? I'm doing a few very old past papers but it's so tedious, I actually prefered statistics to this. I need an A/ High B aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missypink<3)
    Hey
    I think there's definitely going to be a linear programming question seeing as there was one on Jan 13
    Hey missypink<3,

There is definitely going to be one. On every test I've seen (and I have seen pretty much ALL of the publicly available ones ), there has been a linear programming question on them. 90% of the time you will have to carry out the Simplex algorithm, which is an ARSE to say the least .

But have no fear! I have the solution to this problem! I have made a D1 revision booklet for anyone on here who is interested! Click here to grab it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimmyA*)
    What are you all doing today to prepare? I'm doing a few very old past papers but it's so tedious, I actually prefered statistics to this. I need an A/ High B aswell
    I've done all the papers for D1. Now I'm just going through and redoing the questions I got wrong. It's worth trying some of the latest papers as our teachers say that D1 has got harder in the last couple of years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missypink<3)
    Hey
    My predictions:

- Linear Programming
    - Smaller Simplex where you are given the constraints
    - Bubble Sort
    - Usual Network questions (Djikstra, Route Inspection, Lower Bound, Nearest Neighbour etc)
    - Simple, Connected graph problem where you need to identify if the given graph is eulerian/semi-eulerian etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JASApplications)
    My predictions:

- Linear Programming
    - Smaller Simplex where you are given the constraints
    - Bubble Sort
    - Usual Network questions (Djikstra, Route Inspection, Lower Bound, Nearest Neighbour etc)
    - Simple, Connected graph problem where you need to identify if the given graph is eulerian/semi-eulerian etc
    Really want a massive question on simplex.

ReputationRep:
    Could someone please help me with 3(iv). Really don't understand this k stuff. I swear the mark scheme has a different method for working it out for every question.

the link is below:
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/61395-q...hematics-1.pdf

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 9, 2014

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.