Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know this was ages ago. But how did it go? Did you get the job? Cause I'm in the exact same position as you're in right now. They rang me and I told them I can't make it to the interview but said Im available next week so the lady told me she would ring me back.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've applyed for a job with tesco the closing date was the 10th of feb but I haven't heard anything back yet my application just says in process, how long should I wait before I ring them. Thank you and does it also take that long to let you know if I failed the application process

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicolla14)
    Hi I've applyed for a job with tesco the closing date was the 10th of feb but I haven't heard anything back yet my application just says in process, how long should I wait before I ring them. Thank you and does it also take that long to let you know if I failed the application process
    Awww take it know one knows I've been emailing them but don't even get a reply think I might just give up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi

ReputationRep:
    I just had my interview a couple hours ago this post was posted around 2 years ago so i think the interview process has most probably changed! i applied for a tesco job after 2 other attempts. The online questionnaire is the most important part of the process to be honest. So when i got to my interview, it turned out to be a group interview. I was sh*tting myself haha, but it really wasnt bad at all! everyone was so friendly, although i was the only 16 year old. All we did was introduce ourselves and we did an excercise where we had to create something with straws so a marshmellow could balance on it.. iknow.. weird haha but it was really enjoyable. Soon after that we had to shadow a "future" colleague and help them with stacking shelves or whatever their job was, during that people were called for their 1-to-1 interviews. They actually didnt ask much about me, they didnt ask why tesco? or tell me more about yourself. They asked 5 questions where you had to give examples. Like give me a time where you had to follow rules? i said something about health and safety, they also asked give me an example where you had to change your attitude/behaviour and give an example of when you worked in a successful team. i hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Really helps thank you. I have an interview with them on saturday...I'm hoping for a little more flexibility with the actual hours on contract...but the experience is good enough. I was told its a group interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GillianMuz)
    Really helps thank you. I have an interview with them on saturday...I'm hoping for a little more flexibility with the actual hours on contract...but the experience is good enough. I was told its a group interview

No worries! When you get there, you fill in a sheet and tick all the hours and days youre able to work! I got the call yesterday and got the job! Tomorrow is the induction hehe, cant wait! But best of luck & enjoy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameera3798)
    I just had my interview a couple hours ago this post was posted around 2 years ago so i think the interview process has most probably changed! i applied for a tesco job after 2 other attempts. The online questionnaire is the most important part of the process to be honest. So when i got to my interview, it turned out to be a group interview. I was sh*tting myself haha, but it really wasnt bad at all! everyone was so friendly, although i was the only 16 year old. All we did was introduce ourselves and we did an excercise where we had to create something with straws so a marshmellow could balance on it.. iknow.. weird haha but it was really enjoyable. Soon after that we had to shadow a "future" colleague and help them with stacking shelves or whatever their job was, during that people were called for their 1-to-1 interviews. They actually didnt ask much about me, they didnt ask why tesco? or tell me more about yourself. They asked 5 questions where you had to give examples. Like give me a time where you had to follow rules? i said something about health and safety, they also asked give me an example where you had to change your attitude/behaviour and give an example of when you worked in a successful team. i hope this helps
    Hi I was wondering how formally you dressed? I was going to wear a trouser suit with kitten heels but doesn't sound ideal for stacking shelves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EloiseStar)
    Hi I was wondering how formally you dressed? I was going to wear a trouser suit with kitten heels but doesn't sound ideal for stacking shelves.
    Heya! No definitely wear something smart! Everyone was wearing smart things! I just wore a shirt, 3 quarter blazer and trousers with smart shoes! I know its just a job for stacking shelves and it kinda seems abit silly wearing smart things but its an interview and you want to be taken seriously! i havent got my uniform yet so i have to wear smart clothes to work until i get my uniform which should hopefully be on monday☺

ReputationRep:
    Hi, how long did your interview last? I have an interview at 9 and start my shift at my other job at half 1, I take it it doesn't last 4hrs?

ReputationRep:
    my group interview lasted about 2 hours
    (Original post by orlamunro)
    Hi, how long did your interview last? I have an interview at 9 and start my shift at my other job at half 1, I take it it doesn't last 4hrs?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, I spoke to someone I know who also had a group interview and they also said they were in for 2 hours so it seems like if it is a group interview then that is how long it will last

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, I spoke to someone I know who also had a group interview and they also said they were in for 2 hours so it seems like if it is a group interview then that is how long it will last
    I was only in for half an hour, if that. This was a week and a bit ago...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EloiseStar;[url="tel:56045111")
    56045111[/url]]I was only in for half an hour, if that. This was a week and a bit ago...
    And that was a group interview?

ReputationRep:
    How long do they take to contact you if you have it? It's been 8 working days today and they said I'd know within a week so I'm worried now.. I thought the interview went really well too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.davison;[url="tel:56049059")
    56049059[/url]]How long do they take to contact you if you have it? It's been 8 working days today and they said I'd know within a week so I'm worried now.. I thought the interview went really well too!
    What was your interview like?

ReputationRep:
    It was just me and two managers. Checkout manager and store manager. Just asked me some general questions such as name a time when you've gone out of a way for a customer, if you could change one rule in the world what would it be. The questions were fairly simple but it would of helped if I had of worked in retail or something similar as I work in an office two days a week so didn't know how to answer them in massive detail. Very friendly interview though. Got a phone call at 5pm saying if I could come for an interview same day at 8pm.

ReputationRep:
    And that was a group interview?
    Both my group and individual interview lasted less than 30 minutes.

(Original post by J.davison)
    How long do they take to contact you if you have it? It's been 8 working days today and they said I'd know within a week so I'm worried now.. I thought the interview went really well too!
    Call them. I had my group interview on a Saturday. Was asked on the Sunday to come in on Monday for my individual interview and I was offered the job within a few hours after my individual interview.

ReputationRep:
    I need to contact Tesco regarding my application, where would I phone please? The store which I applied for or is there a main HR office? Thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    I would ring the store you applied for. Done some searching and can't find the HR office one for some reason, but I'd ring the store one anyways.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.