Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AS Aspects of Narrative exam, Friday 17th May Watch

• Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Wasn't too bad, I really wanted part 1 to come up for The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner but we got part 2 which was okay! However that Second question on the mariner's psychological state was just ridiculous!! Like what the hell was that all about? As soon as I saw that I was like.... "damn, that's me retaking again then".

Section B was just bliss! I answered the Time and Settings question for The Kite Runner, The Great Gatsby and Tennyson's poems. Really cool.

As soon as I finished with section A, I saw the Great Gatsby question and realised it was on chapter 8, and I'm a flipping expert on chapter 8 lol.. should have looked through the paper first Oh well...wasn't to bad though!

ReputationRep:
    I did the setting question as well (for section B), but I didn't talk about time I was talking about setting as in place... I can't remember, did the question specifically asked for time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KirstBarlow)
    Section A - Gatsby
    Section B - Conflict

I actually liked the exam but I'm worried I've messed up and not realised. Feel it's been my best one so far.
    I ended up writing 16 pages (one page was full of plan for section B so it's 15 pages) very happy with that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    16 pages?! HOW?! I think I wrote seven...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karolina95)
    I did the setting question as well (for section B), but I didn't talk about time I was talking about setting as in place... I can't remember, did the question specifically asked for time?
    I think it said 'Time settings' so you might get away with it with any luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Wasn't too bad, I really wanted part 1 to come up for The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner but we got part 2 which was okay! However that Second question on the mariner's psychological state was just ridiculous!! Like what the hell was that all about? As soon as I saw that I was like.... "damn, that's me retaking again then".

Section B was just bliss! I answered the Time and Settings question for The Kite Runner, The Great Gatsby and Tennyson's poems. Really cool.

As soon as I finished with section A, I saw the Great Gatsby question and realised it was on chapter 8, and I'm a flipping expert on chapter 8 lol.. should have looked through the paper first Oh well...wasn't to bad though!
    how did you like the Section B questions eek?! I did Marinere as well, thought Ab was a bit obscure... But workable, just a bit awkward to write about I think!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ginge1+2)
    16 pages?! HOW?! I think I wrote seven...
    I have no idea how I did it. I did 16 overall but 1 was for plan for section B. I just kept writing and because I've done every past paper I'm good at time. I ended up doing 2 points for 'Enduring Love' 3 poems of Auden with 2-3 points each and then 4 poems (planned on 3 but had 10 more minutes so I threw in another) on Browning.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I never write too much our teachers always warn us of "writing ourselves out of a grade" if you do too much. I did Keats for the first question and struggled with it :/, mainly part a.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanrag)
    I never write too much our teachers always warn us of "writing ourselves out of a grade" if you do too much. I did Keats for the first question and struggled with it :/, mainly part a.
    My teacher who is an examiner told me they look out for how much you write and try to boost you up for it so I was advices to write anything relevant and not to worry about how much is produced.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.