Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A sheesh)
    My teacher is an examiner and basically hinted what 'could' come up.

Sentencing aims n youth section b
    police powers stop n search n detention
    bail and court procedures
    lay magistrates training
    adr not coming up
    solicitors and barristers
    I really hope detention, training for lay mag, bail and sentencing comes up

ReputationRep:
    Can you explain to merge training of lay mag? I can't do it.

ReputationRep:
    Me*

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeintheskies)
    These aren't my own predictions but what i've gathered from others (I've seen a few)

Police Powers Stop and Search or Detention (probably not arrest)
    Sentencing (maybe youth with aims, less likely to be adult)
    Bail
    Barristers and Solicitors
    Lay Magistrates (It alternates between Juries and Mags, Juries was in January so)
    Civil Tracking
    Judiciary - *ugh*

Also ADR is unlikely to appear - tis a shame as it's my favourite
    Omgg you were so rightt i'm glad i saw your post yesterday. massive help, thankyouu. Have you any predictions for unit 2-sources of law? Need to start revision for that asap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maria De Montero)
    Omgg you were so rightt i'm glad i saw your post yesterday. massive help, thankyouu. Have you any predictions for unit 2-sources of law? Need to start revision for that asap
    Lol nice predictions!

ReputationRep:
    I done sources of law in january and precedent and statutory instruments so I think delegated legislation and EU law may come up

ReputationRep:
    Ahah no problem! And i haven't been looking for them as I sat the exam in January but if I find out any i'll let you know, if I had to cross any out i'd say probably not Statutory Interpretation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random1234567)
    I done sources of law in january and precedent and statutory instruments so I think delegated legislation and EU law may come up
    ohh cheers & Ahh how was it? i guess i need to start my revision for sources of law, everyone says EU laws really hard aswell

ReputationRep:
    ohh cheers & Ahh how was it? i guess i need to start my revision for sources of law, everyone says EU laws really hard aswell
    It was good I got an A and yeah my school didnt teach us EU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeintheskies)
    Ahah no problem! And i haven't been looking for them as I sat the exam in January but if I find out any i'll let you know, if I had to cross any out i'd say probably not Statutory Interpretation
    ohh you did unit 2 before 1 and haha cheersss, i guess i shall leave that one out! is unit 2 alot easier to revise for?

ReputationRep:
    It was good I got an A and yeah my school didnt teach us EU
    oh wow!! any revision tips? iv only got 2 days of revision for the whole topic cas i left it so last minute, i hope i can still pass with a good grade. i always leave it last minute without intending to

ReputationRep:
    oh wow!! any revision tips? iv only got 2 days of revision for the whole topic cas i left it so last minute, i hope i can still pass with a good grade. i always leave it last minute without intending to
    what I done was I went on the mark scheme for every topic and constructed a essay and you eventually notice that the questions are similar so I just remembered my essays
    Also sources of law is all about case law, try to remember as many cases as you can

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!
    To anyone who did the Sources of Law paper in January, what came up? just so I can predict what will come up! c:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alejandroo)
    Hey guys!
    To anyone who did the Sources of Law paper in January, what came up? just so I can predict what will come up! c:
    Precedent and statutory interpretation

ReputationRep:
    Precedent and statutory interpretation
    Awh your kidding?! all the good ones, most likely delegated legislation and eu law then :/ my school didnt even teach eu law :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Awh your kidding?! all the good ones, most likely delegated legislation and eu law then :/ my school didnt even teach eu law :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Delegated legislation isnt too bad lol

ReputationRep:
    Delegated legislation isnt too bad lol
    I dont like it tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I dont like it tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    also Legislation+law reform

ReputationRep:
    Anyone was the police powers question Describe the powers of the police at the police station to detain and search a person suspected of a serious offence????

ReputationRep:
    Anyone was the police powers question Describe the powers of the police at the police station to detain and search a person suspected of a serious offence????
    Describe the powers of the police to detain and search and the rights of the defendant.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.