Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rurounikenji)
    Hahah, unfortunately my (really broke) friends like to splash out on the big names of vodka despite not actually having the money to be purchasing the big name ones lol.
    Well do you have to share with your friends? You can buy smaller bottles of different spirits which are really cheap and then mix them with coke/lemonade whatever and tbh they all have the same effect regardless so why waste money as broke students aha :')

Also eat pizza before drinking!! Pizza just lets you get drunk without being sick/getting completely out of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcdermie)
    Well do you have to share with your friends? You can buy smaller bottles of different spirits which are really cheap and then mix them with coke/lemonade whatever and tbh they all have the same effect regardless so why waste money as broke students aha :')

Also eat pizza before drinking!! Pizza just lets you get drunk without being sick/getting completely out of it
    Pizaa? wow, i would have never guessed. Guessing it's something to do with the yeast or something like that lol

ReputationRep:
    Drink less and pace yourself!!! Also eat something beforehand, yup it generally tends to be pizza and a kebab on the way back!!! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rurounikenji)
    Hi guys,
    I have been wondering, lately, how can i become tipsy but not Drunk drunk...if you get what i mean. Every time, i go out for drink up's, i always end up becoming really drunk and doing stuff i don't even remember doing. Personally, i would like to start leaving drink up's at least tipsy-ish. I want to be able to have a lil alcohol and still remain kinda conscious and not end up doing stuff i will really regret. Any ideas? At my friends drink up's, we usually just have a a 1 litre bottle of vodka (or sometimes another 1 litre bottle) and prob a 1litre bottle of coke to share between 4 or 5 of us (Yeah, we're students haha) . And obviously, we play drinking games.
    Thanks!!
    (Original post by xMr_BrightSide)
    Well, a method which has a success rate of 100% is...

Drink less.
    this bloody hell...
    also, after every drink, check out how drunk you are.

assuming that when you are drunk and walking back home that you wobble all over the place, then check your motor skills after a drink... if you feel like your losing control of them, then stop... if youre just sitting down/staying in one position, then how will you know how drunk you are regarding this factor...

your motor skills are just one factor... do a similar experiment for all the other factors that you consider to happen whenever you a drunk...

on a side note... the hell... when did kenshin have a son? :lolwut:
    is this manga related? i dont remember this from the anime...

ReputationRep:
    It's all about pace to be honest I have had the same problem in the past, I learnt that drinking slowly so it sinks in does the trick, when I feel a buzz coming on I stop, simple as

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    this bloody hell...
    also, after every drink, check out how drunk you are.

assuming that when you are drunk and walking back home that you wobble all over the place, then check your motor skills after a drink... if you feel like your losing control of them, then stop... if youre just sitting down/staying in one position, then how will you know how drunk you are regarding this factor...

your motor skills are just one factor... do a similar experiment for all the other factors that you consider to happen whenever you a drunk...

on a side note... the hell... when did kenshin have a son? :lolwut:
    is this manga related? i dont remember this from the anime...
    haha, i couldn't think of a name so i just made rurouni kenji. Yeaaars ago lol. Yeah, he had a son towards the end of the manga

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.