Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you're right! Good luck for tomorrow guys!

ReputationRep:
    Just got out of the exam! That section one was pretty difficult. multimedia was easy, and that's the part I usually struggle with, but it was easy except from the very last question. I have no idea what was going on with the normalisation, I usually find them easy but maybe I just panicked this time, what did everyone use as the primary keys? And for the ER I had all the headings pointing one to many into the trip heading

ReputationRep:
    What a horrible paper!!!

ReputationRep:
    Just to make you feel bad, I did Int 2 and it was pretty easy .

One of my friends did the wrong section though :facepalm2::facepalm2:

Feel bad for him !

ReputationRep:
    What a horrible paper!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah multimedia was fine, but some questions in section 1 and 2 were unseen before, network strategy for 6 marks, and a few other questions worth a lot of marks!

ReputationRep:
    ​I took my copy of the exam paper, should I scan it and put it up?

ReputationRep:
    Section I was probably the trickiest Section I I've ever came across, a couple Section II were quite difficult. But the worst question in the whole paper was 21 in Expert Systems. Vile. On the whole I think it was alright, trickiest info paper I've done though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I put Item and Stock No as primary keys in 1NF. Then used Student No as the foreign key.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missmccookies)
    Just got out of the exam! That section one was pretty difficult. multimedia was easy, and that's the part I usually struggle with, but it was easy except from the very last question. I have no idea what was going on with the normalisation, I usually find them easy but maybe I just panicked this time, what did everyone use as the primary keys? And for the ER I had all the headings pointing one to many into the trip heading
    Completely agree with everything here! I can't remember what I put for my normalisation although I thought I had done my ER diagram completely wrong until I noticed I did the exact same as you!

One girl left the exam after about an hour...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gavinscott42)
    I put Item and Stock No as primary keys in 1NF. Then used Student No as the foreign key.
    I think I put Item and Stock No as well as Student No as a primary key and obviously Student No as a foreign key too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nfergs)
    I think I put Item and Stock No as well as Student No as a primary key and obviously Student No as a foreign key too.
    Did you end up having 4 tables in 3NF?

ReputationRep:
    Did you end up having 4 tables in 3NF?
    Yeah, I thought you always needed 4 tables for 3NF anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nfergs)
    Yeah, I thought you always needed 4 tables for 3NF anyway...
    We got told either 4 or 5...but every solution in the past papers is 4 haha. Did you stay in for the full 2 and a half hours?

ReputationRep:
    We got told either 4 or 5...but every solution in the past papers is 4 haha. Did you stay in for the full 2 and a half hours?
    Oh I've never done one with 5 tables before... And I left 15 minutes early.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please scan the normalisation question? I will do it again and post my answer

ReputationRep:
    ​I took my copy of the exam paper, should I scan it and put it up?

Please post question 11, the normalisation!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the wait, it was sunny outside for a bit :P Here is the normalisation, sorry if it's a bit squint.
    http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...es-d64fm0n.jpg
    http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...es-d64fm5p.jpg

ReputationRep:
    this is what I got for 3NF..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the wait, it was sunny outside for a bit :P Here is the normalisation, sorry if it's a bit squint
    What are they wanting you to do with this question? Design a db for it or am I missing something? I think of normalisation as something else...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.