Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you proud of where you come from? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darren96)
    bit like my town apart from the ice cream :P eventho my home town has been embarrassed on Channel 4 tonight i'm proud of it.
    Channel 4 hasn't embarrassed your home town as much as it has embarrassed mine. Just do a Google search for something like 'channel 4 middlesbrough 2007' if you don't know what I'm talking about.

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure I'd use the word proud. I'm originally from Spain and I love its culture, food, weather and people. However I'm not a nationalist and I love almost every other culture I come into contact with. Living in London is great and its fantastic being able to compare it to Madrid and having the best of both worlds!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AhzhaK)
    Yeah, I think Istanbul beats Newcastle tbh. Alright Newcastle might be cleaner, less crime, less poverty etc. but Istanbul is levels above when it comes to history culture etc. Anyway, yeah I'm quite proud of Glasgow I suppose. Has it's problems but is good for a medium city.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, history, culture matters if you're a tourist not an inhabitant. If you're a tourist I'm sure you'll be satisfied with seeing the historic sites instead of the actual city where people have to live, the ugly urban districs, the absence of proper public transportation, roads congested with traffic and noise. I've never been to Glasgow but I'm sure it's better than here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    Well, it's not even worth going there to get free ice cream How many people live in your town? :mmm:
    In Scunthorpe 50,000 but on official things they say Bottesford is in Scunthorpe so the official is 75,000

ReputationRep:
    In Scunthorpe 50,000 but on official things they say Bottesford is in Scunthorpe so the official is 75,000
    Ahh, mine is like 30,000 only :mmm: Probably even less as lots of them emigrated :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    ESSEX :banana:

when I go uni, im telling people i'm from 'greater london'

ReputationRep:
    Not proud of the area of the city that I'm from but I'm proud of Cardiff!

ReputationRep:
    I'm from New York, and I love the place. So yeah, I'd say I'm proud of where I'm from.

Some people think every single American is fat and stupid, which does get annoying when they try and associate a stereotype with me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same really from the biggest ****hole town but was born in Oxford

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is what you're paying texts for

Attachment 215543

So true hope my future isn't in Scunthorpe but it will always be a part of me.
    I live in scunthorpe, and seriously..Skint is just so full of crap :P Most of the stuff in it is fake.. In scunthorpe everyone knows everyone and its nothing like that.. The main family in it are planning on moving out of Scunthorpe because the entire town pretty much hates them for how they have made Scunthorpe look.. Hence the death threats they've gotten.

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Derby (the most central city in England ), I've lived here all my life; its okay in some parts!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, I was born in quite a nice bit of London, and that's where I live, but I'm definitely not telling people where I live or where I was born in much detail when I'm at uni, they would just judge me too much I think. I mean I really don't fit those sort of 'posh' stereotypes at all I think, so yeah, I'm embarrassed about where I come from.....

ReputationRep:
    Not proud of where I live, I'm going to be so happy to live in LOndon in Spetember though :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Im from south derbyshire, and im proud of where i come from. Its not perfect round where i live, just like most places, it has its bad points, for example you get the chavs and a few council houses etc, but mostly its good. I could think of worse places to live.

ReputationRep:
    Drake we started from the bottom now we here

Meh my towns decent.

ReputationRep:
    Very proud to be from London, yes. Greatest city in the world on my doorstep, always something happening, very diverse, and just beautiful buildings with fantastic history.

ReputationRep:
    Eh.. I grew up in Gloucester and I'm not 'proud' as such but I do feel an odd connection with the place, despite it being a dump.

Have lived in Cambridge ever since we moved and I prefer it as a city and if someone asks where I'm from I'll obviously say Cambridge - but then they tend to assume I'm a student there (well, recently anyway as I'm the right age for it).
    Not particularly proud of it either, but I do like the place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jam198)
    It's not where you come from it's where you're going that matters.

A famous saying from whom I can't attribute
    I don't think so. In order to get where you want to go, you must first identify where you are. Sounds logical to me!

"Remember who you are and where you come from; otherwise, you don't know where you are going."Karolina Kurkova.
    Even though no one chooses his or her country of birth, I'm proud to be half Swedish. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Proud? Where i came from is not something I achieved, it's something that was bestowed upon me as a child. I am no more proud to come from my city/town as i am for being british, male, 6 foot 3 or any other arbitrary description of myself.

ReputationRep:
    No i hate my race. Women - no joke- often go ewww he is a _______.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.