Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What subjects are you currently doing, Clara?

& Yeah not sure what to expect from the people there! From what I've heard, everyone is meant to be pretty friendly at Keele.

ReputationRep:
    You guys sorted out your accommodation yet?

ReputationRep:
    Ah officially a keele student
    Have been offered hawthorns but am trying to swap wbu?

ReputationRep:
    About the size of the course - core lectures for management are around 300 people I think and tend to be in the bigger lecture theatres (in first year my core management lectures were in Westminster the main lecture theatre in the Chancellors) and marketing are slightly smaller.
    The course isn't too bad although you will certainly have some boring modules! One of your first modules will (unless its changed from 2011-2012 year) get you presenting and you'll have a fair lot of presentations throughout your course! And prepare for group work too!

Hawthorns from everyone i know who lived there aren't that bad, plus you get a free bus onto campus from there, and have Templar bar (£1 drink nights on Thursdays). It's not that far and is like 20 minutes walk from main buildings, but the buses are really frequent anyway.

There's a marketing society this year too that you might all want to get involved in! They're new but last semester did an Alton Towers trip (which isn't too far from uni either )

I'm about to repeat my second year of Business Management and Marketing but if you have any questions ask away

ReputationRep:
    Hope your results went well, I hope I will see you in September x
    My accomodation is in Horwood. What about you ?

ReputationRep:
    Omg sorry for not replying Meaux ! I was taking economics, accounts and business.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmerry)
    Ah officially a keele student
    Have been offered hawthorns but am trying to swap wbu?
    Which halls do you want to stay in ?
    And congratttttsss ! Hopefully we will see each other around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clara m)
    Which halls do you want to stay in ?
    And congratttttsss ! Hopefully we will see each other around

am warming to the idea of hawthorns but i wanted to be in the accommodation actually on campus which is any of the others but actually i don't think I'm too bothered

Ah cant wait for it all to start

ReputationRep:
    You guys got that lecture thing at half one? It says two different buildings on my timetable D:

Oh & the drop is session at 12:00

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.