Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do you think the paper will be a similar structure to the physics one? With lots of questions on investigations/experiments

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silver79)
    Do you think the paper will be a similar structure to the physics one? With lots of questions on investigations/experiments
    Probably. But as long as you're thorough with the experiments in the spec/the edexcel book, and familiar with common experiment-related questions, it should be fine n_n. I'm more worried about those 2-3 mark questions that ask you to suggest something! (like the mars question, or the plane one in the physics paper)

ReputationRep:
    I think so. But I wish it doesn't . That wasn't a physics paper. The examiners must have thought "let's see how many essays they can write in 2 hours."

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Navo D.)
    Probably. But as long as you're thorough with the experiments in the spec/the edexcel book, and familiar with common experiment-related questions, it should be fine n_n. I'm more worried about those 2-3 mark questions that ask you to suggest something! (like the mars question, or the plane one in the physics paper)
    Well i hadn't ever looked at any of the textbooks until today, but now i realise they're actually really useful and yeah I agree, I didn't like those questions at all

(Original post by Vorte)
    I think so. But I wish it doesn't . That wasn't a physics paper. The examiners must have thought "let's see how many essays they can write in 2 hours."
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know, I much prefer the old style of papers

ReputationRep:
    What topics do you all think will appear?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vorte)
    Fish Farming hasn't come up yet right? I think that's very likely.
    Not too long ago there was a big 6 mark fish farming question ('explain how farmers obtain high yields of fish'). Talk about intraspecific predation, disease control etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGrillMan)
    Not too long ago there was a big 6 mark fish farming question ('explain how farmers obtain high yields of fish'). Talk about intraspecific predation, disease control etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmm, yeah. I think someone mentioned before about a big 6 marks question on Natural Selection. I think that's very likely too :/

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have access to the january 2013 biology and chemistry papers? i cant find them anywhere

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have access to the january 2013 biology and chemistry papers? i cant find them anywhere
    Edexcel IGCSE Biology:

http://www.edexcel.com/quals/igcse/i...s/default.aspx

Click 'Question paper', then 'January 2013'. From there, you'll find both papers 1 and 2 are available for you to download.

Edexcel IGCSE Chemistry:

http://www.edexcel.com/quals/igcse/i...s/default.aspx

Same drill.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    How's everybody doing revision wise?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    How's everybody doing revision wise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    dying slowly :c this week is a nightmare

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Navo D.)
    dying slowly :c this week is a nightmare
    ikr! Have/had chemistry, biology, maths, English x2 this week :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    ikr! Have/had chemistry, biology, maths, English x2 this week :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Omg me too! Chem, Bio, Languagex2, Math B P2, Literature and FPMx2

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Olympiad;42630041]Are you doing igcse? I'm doing gcse aqa I'm alright at theory (predicted an A* :woo:) so let me know if you need help

aqa is piss compared to igcse, ur help wouldn't help

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE

ReputationRep:
    urggh the idiots on the other chem thread got it closed..idiots.. anyway for biology i need to stay up all night to get and go over my revision notes, then ill do a bit tomorrow and past appers on wednesday night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tw15st3d)
    urggh the idiots on the other chem thread got it closed..idiots.. anyway for biology i need to stay up all night to get and go over my revision notes, then ill do a bit tomorrow and past appers on wednesday night
    Woo!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hi im doing the exam also thursday i think more on heart, menstral cycle, eye structure ext and micro-organisms

ReputationRep:
    If anyone could further my sketchy knowledge of digestion, that'd be much appreciated:-

In re: question 11 (c) on the June 2012 1B paper (5 marker on protein digestion), why does the mark scheme start talking about bile? Pepsin works best at in acidic conditions so why's the neutralisation of stomach acid relevant? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigbangtheory010)
    hi im doing the exam also thursday i think more on heart, menstral cycle, eye structure ext and micro-organisms
    Hi, i'm also doing the exam on Thursday.... I think the industrial fermenter, test for starch and test for glucose might come up bcos they come up more or less in every paper.... Good luck to anyone sitting the exam.....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.