Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CelticSymphony67)
    Have you managed to change you're grip? I have tried to do it, but with no success, as I just get writing fatigue more quickly. Also, I only write in capital letters, because if I write the other way, in lower case, it just looks like chicken scratchings and no one can read it.
    Yeah after the school told my parents, I managed to do it though I remember it took a lot of practice, I think it took about 9 months - a year.

Is the grip the same for all dyslexics or does it vary?

My handwriting never improves and is not as good as any of my friends' handwriting. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think the grip is different amongst dyslexics, but I'm not too sure. Mine is bizarre, and I use four fingers whilst writing. Only my wee finger is loose when I right. I'm also ambidextrous too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THEMathlete)

Is the grip the same for all dyslexics or does it vary?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It varies, it is more the resulting handwriting which is similar. (And it is only a hint, as you can be not dyslexic and have a unusual grip, too. Thus grip alone is no criterion.)

ReputationRep:
    Do dyslexic people have trouble with spelling and remembering/pronouncing new words?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Often they do. Its an area called phonological awareness. As its difficult to identify some of the new sounds then dyslexic students often spell unfamiliar words as they sound, but find it difficult. Using a phonetic spell checker like the one in Read & Write can help.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.