Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

How Politically Clued Up Are You? watch

• View Poll Results: Who've you heard of?
    Ian Duncan smith
    83.33%
    William Hague
    92.42%
    Vince Cable
    84.85%
    Nick Clegg
    98.48%
    Michael Gove
    92.42%
    Ken Clarke
    78.79%
    George Osborne
    98.48%
    Ed Miliband
    98.48%
    Ed Balls
    93.94%
    Douglas Alexander
    46.97%
    David Cameron
    100.00%
    Danny Alexander
    63.64%
    Andrew Lansley
    65.15%
    Yvette Cooper
    69.70%
    Theresa May
    87.88%
    Harriet Harman
    81.82%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mad Dog)
    I was only joking but thanks, One minor thing - you've asked us to tick boxes of the names we recognise. The survey asked people to put names to pictures of the politicians. The two aren't directly comparable as tests of how politically clued up you are - it's possible for someone to know a persons face but not their name and likewise their name but not their face.

Although it's still shocking how low some of the percentages are regardless of that.
    I know but I couldn't really put faces in the poll!

I'm sure the results would be very similar though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennaEmBee)
    I have only heard of four :/ I'm not shocked, my family despises politics and I only realised how little knowledge I had of politics when I started my French A level.
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    My lecturer is heavy on the importance on politics and integrates it with many topics. She has strong ideas about everything. I know hardly anything

ReputationRep:
    Bear in mind this is the Politics board.... post it in 'Chat' and I'm sure you'll get very different results

ReputationRep:
    Lol only heard of 7 of them

ReputationRep:
    I know who all of them are, I know what role some of them have in the cabinet or shadow cabinet as well and a few of them I know what constituencies they represent, what do I win?

oh and I know which party each of them are in too.

(I study Politics/International Relations so I kinda make it my business to know these things )

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say that simply having heard of them makes you politically clued up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    I'm slightly worried that I don't know who Douglas Alexander is considering I'm a politics student...

But apart from that I know them all.
    I have a politics degree and I work in parliament, I still couldn't tell you the names of everyone in cabinet or shadow cabinet off the top of my head. Wouldn't worry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guitarded)
    Bear in mind this is the Politics board.... post it in 'Chat' and I'm sure you'll get very different results
    I thought the mods would tell me off if I did that.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.