Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    @csm1996 i will though ahhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n x)
    @csm1996 i will though ahhh
    Press the quote button numpty!! How did your biology go today?

ReputationRep:
    I'm having serious issues with Atmosphere...just can't get my head around the currents or anything involving the cells.

ReputationRep:
    Scanned a few Lithosphere notes (Limestone features & Scree slopes) and answers to all possible Biosphere questions

Sorry if the quality is bad... My scanner is not very good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nessie162)
    Scanned a few Lithosphere notes (Limestone features & Scree slopes) and answers to all possible Biosphere questions

haha no its fine! thank you so much you are a genius!

ReputationRep:

My I ask what the hell are zonal soils haha, I don't think you need to know them as I never got taught them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CSM1996)
    My I ask what the hell are zonal soils haha, I don't think you need to know them as I never got taught them?
    I scanned this as it was in my notes, but now as I'm looking through the past papers, it seems like you don't need to know this. So just ignore it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahhhhstress)
    I really hope those predictions are wrong I hate atmosphere, I think it's just cos our teacher rushed it. Did anyone else not get all the topics covered? my class had to cover urban and industry and hydrosphere at home cos we ran out of class time! Really stressful stuff!
    Same here with atmosphere ..

ReputationRep:
    Geography... My nightmare!
    I don't even want to think about it until after my Biology exam.

I have good soil profiles sheets and I will scan and post them here after my Biology exam, so probably on Thursday

Here are the predictions my teacher made:

Compulsory Questions:
    Atmosphere - Atmospheric Circulation, Ocean Currents, Heat Budget
    Biosphere - Sand Dune Succession
    Rural - Commercial Farming
    Urban - Advantages/Impacts of shopping malls, Traffic

Optional:

Hydrosphere - Describing Rivers/Valleys (Map), Describing River Feature(s).
    Lithosphere - Recognizing limestone features (Map), Describing Feature(s)
    Population - Immigration, Birth/Death Rates
    Industrial - Reasons for Growth of Industry, Industrial Location (Map)

Hopefully something from this will come up... Pity these are just predictions
    My teacher told us that if we openly post predictions online the sqa can change the paper as they have 3 or 4 on stand by just in case the papers get leaked..... Don't know how true it is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiger5000)
    My teacher told us that if we openly post predictions online the sqa can change the paper as they have 3 or 4 on stand by just in case the papers get leaked..... Don't know how true it is
    Probably not because all teachers make predictions... although some teachers get some right, most of the time they are wrong :lol:

ReputationRep:
    How is everybody studying Geography?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hendycfc)
    How is everybody studying Geography?
    Well I'm not just now, but I'm just going to write out sample answers and memorise facts :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I write out marking schemes usually and mould them into model answers. Have barely used my BrightRed Geography book.

ReputationRep:
    My teacher rushed through Atmosphere D:
    Does anyone have really good example answers for common Atmosphere questions? And how much information do you put into the diagrams, the note's my teacher gave me are like 20 years old so I don't know if too much information has been included in it.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katys1996)
    My teacher rushed through Atmosphere D:
    Does anyone have really good example answers for common Atmosphere questions? And how much information do you put into the diagrams, the note's my teacher gave me are like 20 years old so I don't know if too much information has been included in it.
    Thank you!
    http://www.ardacad.co.uk/geo/notes/h...atmosphere.pdf

I'm using this

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! This is perfect!

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is looking for a good revision site I've been using this one for my Biosphere soils (I've also used Nessie162's notes to, so thank you)
    https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/er...GeographyMCHS/
    I haven't checked out the other topics but I think its quite useful for what I've seen so far. It's also the only place I've found material for RBM too.

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting to worry about Geography as after setting of to exam leave have done absolutely nothing for Geography After the Maths exam the day after tomorrow I will hopefully start revising notes and doing past papers for it as I have 8 days !

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got a diagram with an example answer of Sand dune succession?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone explain ocean currents and air circulation to me, only part of geography I can't do!!!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.