Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerd44)
    In biology it's so easy to lose marks dunno hopefully I get a good mark what was the 6 marks spine one and wat was wrong with the patient
    i just said that the nervous activity in his spine was impaired where it was connected to his legs, and not completely damaged where it connected to the nerves in his arms, hence why he could feel it. For the 6 marker, you needed to talk about the skin being the receptor, the sharp point being the stimulus, the electrical impulses travelling really quickly through the axon and dendrites in the nerve cells, then turning into chemicals and diffusing across the synapse, and this is all along the sensory neurone...and this gets taken to the brain etc

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if/where an unofficial mark scheme can be found?

ReputationRep:
    I didnt get percentage one right and think I'll lose some marks on graph questions. Hopefully I want an a*. What was the labelling of the digestive system

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamish_wells)
    yes i was pretty annoyed at that after, really can't see myself losing more than 10 marks as it is to be fair, so not too stressed. ahh thanks, my mates seemed to think it would be to do with the urea and stuff but i did mention that the urine would have excess ions in it that would start eutrophication anyway so hmmm... anything else hard?
    i think the point of it being urine and faeces was that it contained phosphates and nitrates which started the eutrophication...not that i remember, it was a nice paper to be fair...i've probably lost a few marks as the mark schemes for biology tend to be pretty specific, but yeah

ReputationRep:
    Was the top one salivary gland and another the diudenum

ReputationRep:
    Was the top one salivary gland and another the diudenum
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamish_wells)
    does anyone know if/where an unofficial mark scheme can be found?
    i doubt it somehow :s

ReputationRep:
    Haha yes but not quite sure I spelt diudenum right

ReputationRep:
    The last question you just talked about bacteria becoming resistant?

ReputationRep:
    The last question you just talked about bacteria becoming resistant?
    what was the last question?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...2#post42627862 thread for all iGCSE sciences this summer if you guys wanna participate

ReputationRep:
    Sorry guys, I did mean potatoes -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matchstickhouses)
    Sorry guys, I did mean potatoes -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh okay good, you had me worried for a second

ReputationRep:
    the actual paper was much better than the specimens though. how you guys feeling about paper2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richardsondpu)
    the actual paper was much better than the specimens though. how you guys feeling about paper2?
    the specimens were seriously tough...i'm feeling good about paper 2, because i think i did really well in 1, so i have a cushion, but i'm not as good at the experimental stuff...

ReputationRep:
    Ye chem and English language on Monday? Not started revising wbu?
    ive just started writing of mice and men essays , i find chemistry easier than biology so im looking foward to it

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have any rough ideas of the grade boundaries? I know most aqa gcse exams are max. 80% but this was quite easy and it may be slightly different to the gcse's as its a new syllabus

ReputationRep:
    keep this alive boys

ReputationRep:
    any guesses for the 6 marker on bio this afternoon?

ReputationRep:
    The bio was horrible and really long?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.