Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would you do if you won the lottery? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Get some nice gel pens

ReputationRep:
    Invest it and donate it, mostly*.

*(various shopping sprees have been omitted).

ReputationRep:
    Pay my student loan, set some aside for the mortgage, bills etc then spend the rest on travelling!

ReputationRep:
    Not have any publicity for a start. I'd then get a modest house somewhere in the country. I would give the in laws some and have some lavish holidays. The rest would be invested.

ReputationRep:
    Wait if you won the lottery...why would you put money away for mortgage bills? You could just buy the house!

I often dream about this and let's say I win 5 million, I would;

1. 1 million to spend. I would treat my friends, go on holiday, shopping sprees and a car.
    2. Buy a nice house. I wouldn't want a mansion, I would never like to live in one of them.
    3. Buy my mother a house and whatever she wanted.
    4. Treat siblings.
    5. Invest in my own and other businesses.

ReputationRep:
    Buy a plane

ReputationRep:
    Invest about £1.9m in good buy-to-let properties, which would offer a yield of around 8-9%, and let them out. With the rest, I'd keep £50k in a fixed term savings account, and the other £50k to pay for tuition fees / maintenance, so I don't have to get any student loans

ReputationRep:
    My neighbor is a 70 year old lady, who's husband past away a few years ago and she has no kids. I suppose she'll put the money into charity, which is a really nice thing to do. Also to the motherf**ker who negged me. I will find you, and kill you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.