Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    60/75 if I get no method marks FUG.

ReputationRep:
    I think I've done well on that, although I am doing C4 so I should probably be good at it...

ReputationRep:
    Full marks hopefully!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Arsey,

Will it help to practise Solomons?

ReputationRep:
    when do they publish the grade boundaries....and any suggestions on what they will be for this paper

ReputationRep:
    any ideas for 90 ums???

ReputationRep:
    This paper looks very similar to Jan 2011!

ReputationRep:
    that phone question was some stupid ass question. did S20 instead of S21 and did 32x600 instead of 31x600 -.- at least I'll get the method marks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tka1)
    when do they publish the grade boundaries....and any suggestions on what they will be for this paper
    The day before results day, so 14th August I believe, I think the boundaries will be quite high since it was hardly a 'tug at your brain' exam

(Original post by Joerod)
    Arsey,

Will it help to practise Solomons?
    Definately, solomons tend to be harder than the real things, so if you grasp solomons, then the real ones aren't mucfh of a problem

ReputationRep:
    I made sooo many silly mistakes kicking myself in the face right now!

For question 7a, I managed to get a value of 16 for N somehow, and then I went on to use that in the second part, but I did all the correct workings, how many marks would I get for that?

And how 11b, again I did all the correct working out, however for some stupid reason I substituted in the x co-ordinate from part a) of the question, any ideas how many marks for that as well?

ReputationRep:
    I lost 1 mark... BECAUSE I DIDN'T ****ING PUT +C **** MY LIFE!!! there goes my 100 ums :'(

ReputationRep:
    Yes I can't see anything I did wrong in this paper, if things in C2 go well I should be able to average out to an A with M1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tdarnell)
    I lost 1 mark... BECAUSE I DIDN'T F***ING PUT +C F*** MY LIFE!!! there goes my 100 ums :'(
    Hi I have good news for you, normally in c1 it is 73/75 for 100UMS, so if you are correct in saying that you only lost 1 mark, you did get 100UMS

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone !

Just wanted to ask how many marks will I lose if I found the gradient wrong in question 6, but substitution and working was all fine, just with the wrong numbers. The same actually in part b ( intersections)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE)
    This paper looks very similar to Jan 2011!
    I agree. They're very similar. Think the boundaries will be similar. 62 for A maybe?

ReputationRep:
    On question 10B I did (8k)^2=8k^2 which is obviously wrong and I'm kicking myself now because it's such a basic error, so my value for k worked out as 1/4 which I used in part C to eventually (using the quadratic equation and a whole side of A4) get Y= -1+-root3. would I get method marks? how many marks would I loose altogether for this? Thank you in advance for a reply!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Some of you need to chill, generally in C1 you think you make mistakes, but end up with a good grade!

I thought the same thing just after the Jan 11 C1 with my classmates, but I got a very strong result. Just worry about your next exams.

lol @ the guy stressing about the 1 mark (+ C)

ReputationRep:
    Boundaries WILL BE HIGH. Their highest ever, I've heard. My teachers all reckon these are accurate:

75 - 100 UMS
    72 - 90 UMS
    69 - A
    65 - B

Michael Gove is taking it into his own hands to punish the invalids. What a hero.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Assfgjkl mucked up the last question due to silly mistakes, I even checked it as well :facepalm:
    But got everything else right so lets hope I don't drop too many marks there.

ReputationRep:
    Okay...I think I've done pretty well...possibly 100ums...i think...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.