Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Arsey's Edexcel M1 Summer 2013 Model Solutions BOTH PAPERS watch

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much Arsey!

Quick question, do you think I would get a mark for writing 45 degrees from B in the last question?

ReputationRep:
    Arsey are u going to put c1 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone could clarify this for me. I've got more or less all if the answers right but I made ridiculously stupid mistakes.

Firstly, on the question about the motorcycle, I did everything correct and got an answer of 80 but forgot to subtract the 30s he had already been moving, thus getting the subsequent acceleration question wrong. Any ideas how many marks I would lose for that, given that thy were 4 marks and 2 marks respectively?

Also, I'm a bit of an idiot under pressure, and so I made the wrong components equal to each other for the first part of 7(c) meaning I got 1 instead of 0.5. Any ideas how many marks that question was. I got the second part right, but part 1 and 2 were 6 marks together and I was hoping the first part was only 2 marks?

Thanks a bunch to anyone who can hazard a guess as to how many marks I lost.

Also, predictions of what an A will be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by mary05)
    Arsey are u going to put c1 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He has here

ReputationRep:
    Any thoughts on grade boundaries for m1?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    do you think you would get ecf for 5d?

I got the wrong time (in 5c) but I still used the right formula etc....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .raiden.)
    Thank you very much Arsey!

Quick question, do you think I would get a mark for writing 45 degrees from B in the last question?
    Lol don't cry man, you got 100 ums haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the A* guy)
    Thank you arsey.

Just to ask, for 8(c) i got the same force as you but I said it was a bearing of 45 degrees do you think i will still get the mark?
    bruv if im right bearing was 225...coz 45 would be upwards

ReputationRep:
    It was horrible
    Never thought moments, of all the things, would kill me.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by KalSA)
    It was horrible
    Never thought moments, of all the things, would kill me.
    Ikr. It used to be a weak topic for me and I thought I'd conquered it after I got most of the moments Qs 100% correct from previous exams!

ReputationRep:
    arsey if you give two answers and one of them is right and one of them is wrong do you get the marks?
    and could you have a stab at grade boundaries? do you think i'll get an A with 62/75?
    omg i'm so worried what a bad exam

ReputationRep:
    Hi,Sir. May I know the predicting ums for this paper? I droped around three marks..

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god for Q3 I saw my calculator had 15.5 so I checked it again and tried it again and I got 6.9 twice somehow and that's what I put in my answer but everything else was alright

ReputationRep:
    looks like i got 100% woooo

ReputationRep:
    If you make a mistake in one question (say part a) and you carry that answer forward to part b and if you get the method marks, would you get the marks for b?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBigGeek)
    For the last question, do you think you can say "South West" for direction?
    This is my question too. Also, any thoughts on grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    If you make a mistake in one question (say part a) and you carry that answer forward to part b and if you get the method marks, would you get the answer?
    No

ReputationRep:
    Thanks very much for the mark scheme, I think I got the same for everything. I know I did one really stupid thing though on 7cii. I got two thirds but tried to put it to 3sf and for some stupid reason I put 0.666 and not 0.667.

ReputationRep:
    I had a different paper - anyone have the mark scheme for that one?? (last question was moments)

ReputationRep:
    Approx grade boundaries????

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.