Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Outrage at Syrian rebel shown 'eating soldier's heart' Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    That's because Salafis are extremists by definition. Salafism is an extremist religion - extremist by the standards of most people. A non-extremist salafi is a contradiction in terms.
    Note my use of the term 'active' extremism.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    Yes because one man doing his job deserves to have his heart cut out and nibbled on like a corn dog? and please dont exagerate syria was one of the most peaceful of the arab countries untill the place exploded and the terrorists got involved. Besides please humour me as to the brutality of the dictatorship, im not saying they were saints but they didnt have roaming death squads mowing down civillians and bombing people for the ****s of it? in fact they sound remarkably similar to what the US does, theyre just open about it... isnt that funny?
    A man 'doing his job'? I don't think you'd say the same about the Nazis, who too were only 'doing their jobs'. If the job entails massacring a people, then I should hardly call it a normal job that has no consequences. And Syria may have outwardly been 'peaceful', but the government was built on oppression and tyranny, just like all other 'Arab' countries.
    As for the part in bold: you've hit the nail right on the head, because they actually did have all that. Educate yourself before speaking, else keep your trap shut.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Both sides are animals i wouldn't try to justify either.
    Yeah, that's an excellent way of getting out of forming a solid opinion of your own about what's right and what's wrong, by simply saying that everything is wrong. Way to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bertie Wooster)
    Yeah, that's an excellent way of getting out of forming a solid opinion of your own about what's right and what's wrong, by simply saying that everything is wrong. Way to go.
    Well it is my friend. Assad is a nut case power hungry not willing to let go. The opposition is made up of known terrorists and animals. The west, arabs are all stirring it up and its being funded multiple ways. Russia and China stand in the way of the west.

So what you get is a standstill which is a blood bath.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22519770

Remind me again why we're helping these animals? desecrating corpses, eating their ****ing hearts? this man needs to be hung drawn and quartered, hes an affront to humanity and the Syrian people
    Because we'll attempt to do anything to appease the Americans.

ReputationRep:
    Well it is my friend. Assad is a nut case power hungry not willing to let go. The opposition is made up of known terrorists and animals. The west, arabs are all stirring it up and its being funded multiple ways. Russia and China stand in the way of the west.

So what you get is a standstill which is a blood bath.
    Ah, so you do have an opinion after all: the 'west' is the world's knight in shining armour, and everybody else is a bloodthirsty villain.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, so you do have an opinion after all: the 'west' is the world's knight in shining armour, and everybody else is a bloodthirsty villain.
    Pretty much tanananana batman!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiss)
    Because we'll attempt to do anything to appease the Americans.
    we were once the nation that burned washington to the ground now we deep throat them at any given time, RIP Britain.

ReputationRep:
    Both sides are animals i wouldn't try to justify either.
    True but then who is really going to fight for peace in Syria and how will it be achieved,

ReputationRep:
    A man 'doing his job'? I don't think you'd say the same about the Nazis, who too were only 'doing their jobs'. If the job entails massacring a people, then I should hardly call it a normal job that has no consequences. And Syria may have outwardly been 'peaceful', but the government was built on oppression and tyranny, just like all other 'Arab' countries.
    As for the part in bold: you've hit the nail right on the head, because they actually did have all that. Educate yourself before speaking, else keep your trap shut.
    Oh poor poor bernie so many idiocic remarks where to begin.
    Firstly Nazism wasnt a job, the SS might well have been going around doing unspeakable thing the whermacht on the whole did not and regardless its war. congrats on godwins law by the way just shows the *expletive* quality of your arguement you need to refer to the nazis.
    Their job entails defending their state from terrorists much like why our troops went to NI, falklands etc.
    Who cares this isnt about the government sunshine its about the brain dead monkeys in white hall wasting tax payers money funding an terrorist organisation trying to destabalise a country. Syria was a beautiful peaceful country before these vermin decided to instigate civil war and for what a different dictator please? These terrorists are destroying the country and you and your ignorance make it seem fair and just.
    Give me an example of people being mown down on the streets for no reason and towns bombed on a regular basis for no reason by the state. i wangt examples and sources not your **** and bull.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully the west will take notice and realise the rebels are no better than Assad. Fighting a dictator doesn't make you one of the good guys.

ReputationRep:
    this is the problem with rebellions. while Assad deserved to be removed from power, the problem is that even if most of the population want a regime change the ones best equipped and organised to do so are the people already in extremist groups, and so these tend to take a leading role in the rebellion and take power after even if they don't particularly represent the people. so you end up with a rebellion started with good purposes, hijacked by nutters like this guy.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure that's not a halal food, although I may be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    So is the outrage at the fact that he killed this man, or that he nibbled on his heart?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pendulum3)
    True but then who is really going to fight for peace in Syria and how will it be achieved,
    When you have a dictator you just need to wait it out, this may sound silly. But many countries naturally move towards a more democratic society. Overthrowing a dictator is dangerous and requires evil people. Women and children cannot fight for freedom. Assad is unwilling to let go, the situation is just exacerbated with the west, russia, china getting involved. Its become a war toy.

ReputationRep:
    This picture summarises the majority of you

Of course I don't agree with his action but put yourself into his shoes. He's seen this soldier rape and murder innocent civilians on the soldier's phone( or so he claims). And even if that particular story is a lie, he will have definitely witnessed the aftermath of bloodbaths. The events in Syria can turn a man crazy and that is what has happened here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find the systematic murder of children 100x more horrifying than the desecration of the body of a combatant
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Being British is a legal status. Being a Salafis is an ideological status. The Salafis in this country and the one eating human flesh in that video share the same ideology and culture.

Salafis are animals and should be recognised as such.
    Lol. 1) How do you know he is a salafi? Many FSA fighters are fighting for democracy

2) What part of salafi ideology allows cannibalism? Bring forth your evidence

Its much more plausible to believe the horrifying atrocities have turned him insane

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's because Salafis are extremists by definition. Salafism is an extremist religion - extremist by the standards of most people. A non-extremist salafi is a contradiction in terms.
    You have no idea. At all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GPODT)
    Lol. 1) How do you know he is a salafi? Many FSA fighters are fighting for democracy
    :rofl:

No one is fighting for democracy in the ME, least of all al Qaeda's Syria branch ("Free" Syria Army).

(Original post by GPODT)

2) What part of salafi ideology allows cannibalism? Bring forth your evidence

Its much more plausible to believe the horrifying atrocities have turned him insane

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The part that permits terrorism. He wasn't eating that guy because he was hungry, he wanted to make a video to show "look, we are really scary", i.e., terrorise.

Have you seen the other ones where they force children to behead people?

Ask your Imams at Green Lane mosque why your religion allows this stuff.

Personally I did not take a side at the beginning, because Assad is an aresehole, but now, it is clear he is the lesser of two evils. I hope he turns the FSA and every other Salafi in Syria into dog meat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Umar1)
    Anyone thinking of watching the video, don't.
    Yeah it's a bit disappointing if you like gore. Saw a much worse video before I watched that. Some thief getting beaten by a mob before set on fire. There's far worse things happening in the world than a soldier's corpse getting mutilated in war.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 3, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.