Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently just finishing AS psychology and sociology! I find psychology good but challenging, as said already, unit 2 of AS is a lot better than unit 1. In Unit 1, you do attachment and memory and research methods. In Unit 2, you do stress and a wide range of types of stress, they also do research methods.
    Sociology and Psychology are similar so I recommend doing both as they will help you out, but try not to get confused between the two!

Hop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    Mine too! 100UMS
    Someones got a big head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimpleTom)
    Someones got a big head.
    No, they asked me what I got. I didn't start a discussion saying I thought I got full ums when I haven't got a clue what I got yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimpleTom)
    Someones got a big head.
    ...That doesn't make sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3607)
    ...That doesn't make sense
    It's because I commented that exact thing on a discussion he posted saying he was very sure he'd gotten full UMS on a geography paper he sat on Tuesday but seeing as I'd been asked what I got, which happened to be full UMS, it didn't have quite the same effect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseajanet)
    Hi! I'm starting A-Levels in September. I've almost completed Psychology GCSE but what is the A-Level like?
    I'll also be studying Philosophy, Religious Studies and Sociology

Edit: It's AQA Psychology and that's all I know. I think all of them are AQA
    I don't do AQA Psychology. I do OCR. However I know someone who does OCR and judging by what people have said on this thread there is a lot of content. In other subjects there is also a lot of content. But the amount of content in Psychology is just way way too much. I'm not sure about AQA but I make the assumption they are similar to OCR in a sense of, even though there is mass amounts to remember they are not lenient if small details are missed out. Although I could be wrong here as I've never studied AQA Psychology.

From what I know from people who do OCR and AQA it requires a good memory for you to be at an advantage. But even I don't have a good memory it just means you forget small details we have to be relearned.

ReputationRep:
    It's because I commented that exact thing on a discussion he posted saying he was very sure he'd gotten full UMS on a geography paper he sat on Tuesday but seeing as I'd been asked what I got, which happened to be full UMS, it didn't have quite the same effect.
    Haha, he's desperate for revenge so I guess he'll latch onto whatever he can, even if there's just the most infinitesimally small similarity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3607)
    Haha, he's desperate for revenge so I guess he'll latch onto whatever he can, even if there's just the most infinitesimally small similarity.
    Apparently I'm a whale...this gets better hahah.

ReputationRep:
    Mine too! 100UMS
    and me! social influence is a bit tedious but i love the abnormality section!! i also got 100UMS in unit 1 - long story short - PSYCHOLOGY IS AMAZING

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kited4)
    and me! social influence is a bit tedious but i love the abnormality section!! i also got 100UMS in unit 1 - long story short - PSYCHOLOGY IS AMAZING
    Yeah, I'm really really enjoying psychology! It's the social change bit that I'm not quite grasping but hopefully getting help tomorrow. So glad I did well, the teacher has VERY high hopes for me hahah. Well done on 100 UMS

ReputationRep:
    ****e. All essay based so you're either good or not I've found, some people seem able to get the marks, others know everything but because they didn't say it in a certain style they don't. Also loads of content, absolutely loads.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.