Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For general practice, if you've done all current spec past papers, try to do some of the old spec papers. I find that the listening is a bit harder in the old spec than the current so it's good preparation for the exam on Tuesday. Few old spec papers are available here:
    http://www.school-portal.co.uk/Group...vascript=False

Also, listen to FranceInter. It's mostly talking if you're not listening to it past about 9/10pm.
    http://www.franceinter.fr/player

Edit:

Some easy uses of the subjunctive for the essay, also:
    Il faut qu'on se souvienne (we must remember...)
    Je regrette que cela soit le cas (I regrette that that's the case)
    Nul ne saurait douter que (no one can doubt that...)
    Il se pourrait/peut que (it could be that)
    Il est impensable que (it's unthinkable that...)
    Autant que je sache (As far as I know...)
    Quoi qu'on fasse (whatever one may do...)
    Il est injuste/douteux que (any adjective works)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the useful words

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BuddingAchiever)
    If you don't mind..... would you like to share what you have written for introduction and conclusion... that is actually what I often struggle with... but apart from that I think I've got the grasp more or less of what to write
    I am yet to write my conclusion, but my introduction I wrote something along the lines of 'De prime abord, il faut faire le point sur l’affaire qu'il y a beaucoup d'avantages et les inconvénients de (essay title) mais pour répondre à cette question il faut examiner les aspects positifs and négatifs qui sont les plus importants'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily5678)
    The listening, it's my weakest part
    My advice for the listening part of the exam is listen to everything they have to say before writing an answer, they are often trying to trip you up.

For example, the question is "what is Jean's favourite colour" then the tape will say that his favourite colour USED to be blue but then he will BUT NOW my favourite colour is green.

As soon as you hear that keyword you instantly assume that is the answer. So just take your time and be careful. They always give you enough time to play the tapes over a few times anyways.

Good luck everyone!!

ReputationRep:
    Having done the paper, I thought it was okay..

I spoke to my former French teacher afterwards, and she corrected a mistake I made in one of the mocks I sent her - par, followed by a gerundif (instead of en + gerundif) and I realised I made that mistake in the writing section, today, as well!

I probably made a million other mistakes but that one is now playing heavily on my mind - does anyone know how bad that is / how big of a mistake the examiners will see it as?

How did everyone else find the exam today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matilda ---)
    Having done the paper, I thought it was okay..

I spoke to my former French teacher afterwards, and she corrected a mistake I made in one of the mocks I sent her - par, followed by a gerundif (instead of en + gerundif) and I realised I made that mistake in the writing section, today, as well!

I probably made a million other mistakes but that one is now playing heavily on my mind - does anyone know how bad that is / how big of a mistake the examiners will see it as?

How did everyone else find the exam today?
    I found it okay, what essay did you do?

ReputationRep:
    I did the essay on television - why is it less popular, and what is the future of television.

You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matilda ---)
    I did the essay on television - why is it less popular, and what is the future of television.

You?
    Me too, what sort of things did you write?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't really discuss much (and I missed lines!)

I said tv was less popular as :

- people have more money; can afford to pay for other leisure activities like going to the theatre
    - there is more choice available for watching things; dvds, home cinema and online downloading

And for the future of television :

- make programs more engaging, so people can get the same or similar experience to live performances like at the theatre, to boost popularity
    - restrict the amount of online downloading to attract more viewers back to tv

That was it ...

What did others do?

ReputationRep:
    http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/41702

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.