Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky96)
    Yeah I put like limiting stuff.. Did you out they argued for a week so eventually she bought her a Handy?
    Yes. The 3 mark was something along the lines of 'Her 9 year old daughter wanted a mobile phone because all her friends had one and she didn't want to seem like an outsider'. And then the two marker I put 'They argued for a week then she finally gave in and bought her a mobile.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janedough)
    the one on alcohol contol or something- cant remember exactly what it was now!
    I did that one! That statement said 'Alcohol is the most serious drug'. The question said to respond to the statement, then it asked whether you think alcohol should be more strictly controlled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by William24)
    For the first one I put 'Setting boundaries', I'm sure it said something like 'Grenzen' which means boundaries. I could be completely off track of course :P
    That makes sense, I knew I'd heard that word before! Guess I got that one wrong... xD

ReputationRep:
    Früh
    Umgehen
    Bringen
    Werden
    Empfehlen
    Große
    Finden

They're not my answers btw, I remember them though, I put werden for one too, and um geht
    I was stuck on that werden one and went with 'werden' in the end, I put 'umgeht' as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kathiye)
    I did that one! That statement said 'Alcohol is the most serious drug'. The question said to respond to the statement, then it asked whether you think alcohol should be more strictly controlled.
    Welllll i did a whole 2 and a half pages on the second bit ahahah

Wasn't expecting a good mark for german anyway- I'm most definitely dropping it!

ReputationRep:
    I also chose the one on alcohol. It was whether alcohol was the worst drug, and you also had to talk about controlling it. I got "they find it hard to say no" for the 1st question, don't know about anyone else!!

ReputationRep:
    Brachte is right

I got (in no particular order)
    Viele kleine Kinder...
    Wegen des großen... (???)
    Werden
    Empfehlt
    Umgeht

I can't remember the adjectives but my answers were (in this order lol) :
    -en
    -e
    -en
    -e
    -en

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Früh
    Umgehen
    Bringen
    Werden
    Empfehlen
    Große
    Finden

They're not my answers btw, I remember them though, I put werden for one too, and um geht
    I'm sure 'klein' was the first one, positiv was in there and erfreuen was 9th I think.
    From what I can remember I put:
    kleinen
    frühe
    umgeht
    bringt
    werden
    empfiehlt
    grosses
    findet
    positiven
    erfreuen

I know plenty of these are most likely wrong by the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EleanorLatus)
    Brachte is right

I got (in no particular order)
    Viele kleine Kinder...
    Wegen des großen... (???)
    Werden
    Empfehlt
    Umgeht

I can't remember the adjectives but my answers were (in this order lol) :
    -en
    -e
    -en
    -e
    -en

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Genitive makes all adjectives have an en to my knowledge so I think that was right

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I did this exam today; thought it went pretty well
    I did the Alkohol essay- thought the Kino one was awful! But was torn between Alkohol or Familie...
    Didnt enjoy the grammar section :/

ReputationRep:
    I did the marriage question and put this . my overall argument is that both are as good as one another but love is the most important for happiness
    paragraph 1 - Stability for children
    paragraph 2 - Nice wedding and time to see long lost relatives
    paragraph 3 - Expensive wedding
    paragraph 4 - with marriage you can forget what is most important eg get wrapped up in the ring, dress
    paragraph 5 - partnerschaft offers more freedom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by William24)
    I'm sure 'klein' was the first one, positiv was in there and erfreuen was 9th I think.
    From what I can remember I put:
    kleinen
    frühe
    umgeht
    bringt
    werden
    empfiehlt
    grosses
    findet
    positiven
    erfreuen

I know plenty of these are most likely wrong by the way
    Ah, empfiehlt! I forgot that one. I think it was gefunden though, I assumed it was past since it had some form of haben in there somewhere...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbeyizzie)
    I did the marriage question and put this . my overall argument is that both are as good as one another but love is the most important for happiness
    paragraph 4 - with marriage you can forget what is most important eg get wrapped up in the ring, dress
    I put gay people can't get married as well so it's discrimination, lol, can they in Germany? Does that matter?

ReputationRep:
    did everyone think it was a tough paper or not?

ReputationRep:
    it was gefunden !

ReputationRep:
    I done the Marriage one too. My structure was:
    Introduction
    Paragraph 1 - Children feel safer and provides stable environment
    Paragraph 2 - Marriage holds together even through problems
    Paragraph 3 - Marriage can strengthen relationships
    Paragraph 4 - Ceremonies are expensive
    Paragraph 5 - High divorce rate, stressful for parents and worrying for kids
    Paragraph 6 - You can feel constricted and limited
    Paragraph 7 - Partnerships are cheaper and can suffice for some people
    Paragraph 8 - Same-sex partnerships promotes equality
    Conclusion - Said partnership was better as marriage was old-fashioned and a traditional family is no longer necessary in our modern society.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was similar to other papers, the first question was hardest - the girl had a strange accent! lol

I had gefunden for one of the grammar answers too, and I chose the ehe essay.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think it was particularly tough, harder than some of the past papers but overall it was on a par with most previous exams.

ReputationRep:
    I put gay people can't get married as well so it's discrimination, lol, can they in Germany? Does that matter?
    I think that will be fine. My points were:
    1. marriage offers security for the children and is traditional that people marry before having children
    2. divorce can upset the children and is also difficult for the parents, as well as being expensive
    3. Have more freedom in a partnership and fewer responsibilities
    4. No financial support. Easier to separate as divorce isn't necessary
    5. Personally want to get married but in the future and it's more important that people are satisfied with themselves instead of being married

Overall though the paper was very nice. Very happy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kathiye)
    Ah, empfiehlt! I forgot that one. I think it was gefunden though, I assumed it was past since it had some form of haben in there somewhere...
    Oh wait it had 'hat' in it didn't it! I think I might of put 'gefunden'! I can definitely remember using at least one past participle haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.