Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HadiaA)
    I put root cell? Would I get the mark..or?
    I'm pretty sure it was a root hair cell...I don't think it would have been as obvious as the epidermal cell as that was in the question!

ReputationRep:
    I was going to wrote root hair cell but I wrote cortex why god why

Section A/C were easy but my god section B had some stinkers

ReputationRep:
    So glad I'm not the only one who found Higher Biology horrible. No chance of an A now 😩😰 Was it just me or did anyone think this paper was completely different from other past papers? There were so many problem solving questions?!

ReputationRep:
    Too many PS question IMO

ReputationRep:
    I agree section b was horrid

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyndsaaayyy)
    So glad I'm not the only one who found Higher Biology horrible. No chance of an A now Was it just me or did anyone think this paper was completely different from other past papers? There were so many problem solving questions?!
    completely agree! section B was just problem solving after problem solving after problem solving. What were the recombinants in the recombinant question, think it was like q7. i completely forgot what that was

ReputationRep:
    i ticked the middle 2

ReputationRep:
    i think i did to, complete guess but:L i left out so much

ReputationRep:
    See for the diagram of meiosis, were we to fill in the two chromosomes or just one of them. I wrote the same in both of them haha. It didn't specify it just said fill in

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah the genetics questions were horrible ive,rarely seen them that difficult before?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For recombinants I ticked the middle two as well! The meiosis one was a complete guess, kept on scoring them out!

ReputationRep:
    see the last question in the genetics one, what was the answer? i cant even remember the question but i put independant assortment but i think its wrong

ReputationRep:
    I put independent assortment aswell but that was just a guess!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    it seems like my guesses may be working well for me for once :L did you say that it increases variation within a population for the whys it useful part?

ReputationRep:
    Well that was horrendous. I waved my B goodbye

ReputationRep:
    Yep increases variation and brings about a selective advantage idk if theyre the same thing or not aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah crap! I thought recombinants was crossing over and put that! Oh no

ReputationRep:
    lets be positive...if everyone done badly then the boundaries willl get lowered. In the last few years its been like 71% for an A and those papers werent even bad so hopefully itll go down a few %

ReputationRep:
    I put crossing over and not independant assortment

ReputationRep:
    Idk I just guessed independent assortment

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.