Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LewisG123)
    That is just a sign that they're better, if they weren't please explain why they're record sales exceed most rappers? Drake is marketable but lil wayne hardly has mainstream marketability.
    Whatever. I think they're both two of the most terrible artists I've ever heard. Especially Lil Wayne.

ReputationRep:
    All the best rappers are dead, with the exception of Nas. Rap music nowadays has nothing compared to the legends of tupac, biggie, eazy-e, guru, big L, rakim to name but a few.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7ay7ay)
    All the best rappers are dead, with the exception of Nas. Rap music nowadays has nothing compared to the legends of tupac, biggie, eazy-e, guru, big L, rakim to name but a few.
    lil wayne aint dead dumdum AND HE IS DA BEST!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Two of my favourite current artists on one video.

Freddie Gibbs and Big K.R.I.T. are two very good, but pretty unknown rappers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasolja123)
    totally!!!
    wat's ur fave song????
    mines LOVE ME!!!!!!!!!!-sick song n video-lil wayne has like the best parts in all da songz he does!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lol I have over one thousand lil wayne songs on my phone so don't really have an all time favourite but some are Something you forgot, Everything will be fine, Georgia Bush ... and the list goes on and on. But my favourite of this year is **** stains and Hot Revolver

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C_G)
    Do you have like twenty fingers on each hand or something? I swear I could type more coherent sentences if I was being water-boarded and had no ****ing hands.
    Come on dude, he's clearly trolling. Don't take him seriously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C_G)
    Do you have like twenty fingers on each hand or something? I swear I could type more coherent sentences if I was being water-boarded and had no ****ing hands.
    Don't see how 'Do you have like twenty fingers on each hand or something?' makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illusionz)

Freddie Gibbs and Big K.R.I.T. are two very good, but pretty unknown rappers. KRIT is also good if you want rap music without much of the drugs/sex/*****es tone.
    i aint never heard of dem but when i get time afta my exams finish (about 2 weeks-got physics n maths 2moz) i will try to listen to der songz-PROMISE and tell u if i think dey r good or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __Student__)
    Don't see how 'Do you have like twenty fingers on each hand or something?' makes sense.
    Imagine trying to type if your keyboard was getting bashed by 40 fingers. Pretty difficult I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C_G)
    Imagine trying to type if your keyboard was getting bashed by 40 fingers. Pretty difficult I think.
    Indeed it is.

ReputationRep:

Freddie Gibbs and Big K.R.I.T. are two very good, but pretty unknown rappers.
    In what way is Big K.R.I.T unknown, possibly in the UK but not in the US at all.

ReputationRep:
    How dare you compare lil wayne to the greatness that is kendrick lamar
    (Original post by dasolja123)
    Am i like the only one in the whole ****ing world to LOVE meek mill, kendrick lamar and ESPECIALLY lil wayne!!!!!!!!!!??????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7ay7ay)
    Rakim aint dead, and there are still many good rappers, they just aren't mainstream. People like lupe fiasco, immortal technique, big KRIT, kendrick lamar, brother ali etc. People just don't know about these people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __Student__)
    In what way is Big K.R.I.T unknown, possibly in the UK but not in the US at all.
    I've not met anyone in England (internet aside) who's heard of him, despite lots of my friends liking rap/hip hop. I guess he's become a lot more well known in the last year or two as well to be fair, but I still seem to think of him around the R4 time.

I guess unknown refers to the general public as opposed to those in the know regarding hip hop.

I also ****ing love cunninlynguists and most of the artists on QN5, but most people haven't heard of them either. Missing out.

ReputationRep:
    I've not met anyone in England (internet aside) who's heard of him, despite lots of my friends liking rap/hip hop. I guess he's become a lot more well known in the last year or two as well to be fair, but I still seem to think of him around the R4 time.

I guess unknown refers to the general public as opposed to those in the know regarding hip hop.
    Yh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C_G)
    Whatever. I think they're both two of the most terrible artists I've ever heard. Especially Lil Wayne.
    Well you haven't listened to much music if drake is of the most terrible artists you've heard. I'm not a massive lil wayne fan but you still couldn't explain the difference in record sales; it's almost always the case that the best musicians of each genre are the most popular

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well you haven't listened to much music if drake is of the most terrible artists you've heard. I'm not a massive lil wayne fan but you still couldn't explain the difference in record sales; it's almost always the case that the best musicians of each genre are the most popular

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not really true for rap imo. The rap artists who sell the most records are the ones who appeal to the general (largely ignorant) public who want catchy tunes and autotuned lyrics. Lots of the most talented artists are underground and relatively unknown, compared to the likes of drake etc

ReputationRep:
    Tyler the creator is the best upcoming

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard Meek Mill's boy Lil Snupe

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    as illusionz said, the underground hip hop scene is brimming with artists that have talent way in excess of anything that Drake has ever come out with.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.