Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

University of East London - BSc Physiotherapy Student Blog - 1st Year Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey has anyone ever done an interview at Brunel? And do you know what the exam is about and the group interviews?

ReputationRep:
    Hi please can u help me? Do you know about BSc Physiotherapy interview st Salford university? I have got group interview and individual interview.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Aron you have been very helpful. Just one more question because you are already in the university is it possible for you to find out about numeracy and literacy exam. I am very worried and I need to prepare myself for it.
    Thank youuuuuuuuuuuu

ReputationRep:
    Dear Aron, I have interview for physiotherapy at UEL next week. I am very nervous and I need to brush up my math & English skills. Could you be able to tell me what kind of questions to expect? For example, do i study percentages adding, or problem solving?
    Thanks
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Elmas123)
    Dear Aron, I have interview for physiotherapy at UEL next week. I am very nervous and I need to brush up my math & English skills. Could you be able to tell me what kind of questions to expect? For example, do i study percentages adding, or problem solving?
    Thanks
    Please look below:

(Original post by $hadow)
    UPDATE 1: ENTRY AND ADMISSIONS PROCESS.

As not much is known about UEL's admissions process for Physiotherapy; especially on this forum due to it changing in recent years I thought it would be informative for prospective students to know a little about the processes you will go through.

My admissions day at UEL was, for me placed into three stages:

Stage 1, Application stage (UCAS)

Summit personal statement and grades as normal.

Stage 2, Numeracy and Literacy Test

Regardless of what GCSE grades you have, UEL will always invite you for a Numeracy and Literacy Test. I had A Level students in my class with A in Maths and English but they were not exempt. The Maths test was basic, it contained: addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and metric conversions relating to drugs & medication, I got a `D` in GCSE Maths and did not revise for this test, so its not complicated stuff; the Maths test lasts for about 30 minutes.

The English test is slightly more unorthodox; they provide you with a case study of a patient and ask you to find and note the spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes in the text; there were about 20 lines to go through in about 30 minutes; again I got a `E` in GCSE English, so it isn't too hard.

Stage 3, Group Interviews

You only reach this stage if you pass the English and Maths test sat in stage 2. This stage generally goes in four phases: Q&A, Introduction, Group task & Offer. They normally get back to you within a week after your tests.

The Q&A phase, was quite simple. All the prospective students were gathered in a room with second year Physiotherapy students and you are given the opportunity to ask the students anything you wish relating to the course or the University. This is not formally assessed... however the Physiotherapy students do take part in the later stages of the interview so it is advised to be sensible and professional at all times. This time is also for you to interact with different prospective students, which is always fun.

The Introduction phase, this is essentially when the formal interviewing begins... you are placed into groups of 8 and asked 3 questions. 1) Your name and where you live, 2) What previous qualifications/experience you have, 3) Why Physiotherapy. The admissions tutors will often ask you later about what you have said, so please do remember and don't make things up. Additionally the admissions tutors will generally start conversations with the group with regards to what some people say, they might even ask you individualised questions so be on the ball.

The Group task, this is where I was very thrown... I had never done anything like this before, and its almost impossible to prepare for. The group phase is where the admission tutors give you a metaphorical scenario relating to Physiotherapy; where your group must discuss how you would metaphorically present or plan for a presentation or something similar. Here they are looking for teamwork, contribution, leadership skills, initiative and they are also testing your knowledge of the profession with the ideas you present.

The Offer stage, this comes after the Group task phase if you are successful and they normally get back to you within a month.
    Apologies for the late reply.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Got a conditional offer for 2014!! 300 UCAS points at A2, B in Biology

Hey Aaron, do you know anyone who got into UEL without a B in biology?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by aspire211)
    Hey,

Got a conditional offer for 2014!! 300 UCAS points at A2, B in Biology

Hey Aaron, do you know anyone who got into UEL without a B in biology?
    Hey there,

Firstly congratulations on your offer!

Secondly, UEL are normally extremely lenient with grade requirements. I'm pretty sure you could get away with getting a C in biology and still get let in assuming you have 300 points at A2.

Let me know how you get on!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I'm really looking forward to it! How;s the syllabus and environment?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by aspire211)
    Thank you! I'm really looking forward to it! How;s the syllabus and environment?
    To be honest I'm very impressed with the Syllabus at UEL, and the tutors for physiotherapy are excellent when it comes to knowledge. Only thing i will mention is that the syllabus is different to most Universities that teach physiotherapy ... we don't really have neurological, respiratory or MSK modules the first year; it's purely anatomy and physiology/pathophysiology which leaves minor gaps in knowledge when it comes to clinical placement in the second semester of the first year.

However, these gaps are easier filled so on the whole the course is very good overall. People on the course are generally nice, like everywhere you get you get the odd one or two that *different* from the rest... But generally It is a good learning environment!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info! How many people are on your course in your year?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya aspire211

First off a big congratulations on securing a place for physio in UEL for 2014!!! .....Hopefully i'll be joining you there aswell! I have an interview on the 6th of june and i was just wondering could you tell me anything about the group interview?? I haven't ever done an interview for anything before so im extremely worried! And i've never wanted anything so much in my entire life!!!
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey thanks! They'll tell you to make a poster or something for different age groups about physiotherapists, probably to see how people work in groups etc. They might also ask about why you want to become a physio and about what you think manual techniques.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, First off congradulations on being accepted into physio for 2014!! i have an interview at UEL on the 11th of June just wondering is there anything you could advise me on for the group interview...i've never wanted something so much in my entire life!!! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I have got unconditional offer for my physiotherapy course from the Salford University. I have been kept reading you blog from long. If I would say since I have applied for the Physiotherapy course. I really enjoyed the way you have explained everything. I did my all preparation through your blog. I wanted to know about bsc physiotherapy course exams. When, how and what kind of exams come? Please I am really struggling to find this information out. Please let me about exams in Physiotherapy course

ReputationRep:
    HI $hadow
    I have got place offered in Salford University. I am going to start physiotherapy course on part time basis.
    Please can you can help me with some information like what kind of exams I will have? Assignment word count.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jan88)
    HI $hadow
    I have got place offered in Salford University. I am going to start physiotherapy course on part time basis.
    Please can you can help me with some information like what kind of exams I will have? Assignment word count.
    You will have some or all of the following:

OSCE - practical exam where you have stations and will be assessed on them stations

Written exams - long and short answer questions, and possibly small MQ paper at some point

Presentations - where you have to present your research or PowerPoint presentation

Coursework - essays or workbooks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi $hadow; Thanks for the exam information. I am really nervous about the exam and I am also not sure that I will get an assessment in my first year or not.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm also applying for UEL, any idea how many hours it is per week?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Aaron,
    just wanting to ask if you applied for Physio at any other universities and what made you choose UEL. I have 3 offers at the moment and really cannot decide which to choose? i have Brighton uni, UEL and st. Georges

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.