Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Better start learning how to flip McBurgers with scores like that. How do you sleep at night?

ReputationRep:
    Revision tips for C2?

ReputationRep:
    Do all the questions and past papers you can. Then do them again.

ReputationRep:
    Past papers. Don't stop doing them. Best revision technique

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    How many times did you do the pastpapers each one once or more than that? Also how long did you revise for and what tips do you have for a level maths in general?

ReputationRep:
    The best Year 12 Maths grades in my school history (OCR):

C1: 100/100
    C2: 100/100
    C3: 100/100
    C4: 99/100
    FP1: 100/100
    FP3: 100/100
    M1: 100/100
    M2: 100/100
    S1: 100/100
    Total: 9 modules, 899/900 ... in ONE year. No idea what he got in his Year 13 modules but he doesn't have my school's Year 13 record (1696/1700), maybe he just didn't take 17.

This year (in Year 12) there are 2 people taking 9 modules, I would predict they'll drop about 10 marks total each, one person taking 8 modules who I think will take 799/800 or 800/800. (Same modules as above but not FP3).

As you can see, 299/300 is not astonishing or unbeatable. It is very impressive though. I'd be happy if I got that this year. Now if you go on to get 1799/1800 ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dahir123)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    How many times did you do the pastpapers each one once or more than that? Also how long did you revise for and what tips do you have for a level maths in general?
    Once. If I still don't get it I do them all again. Revision was past papers. I used exam solutions for things I don't get. And exam technique is needed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big-Daddy)
    The best Year 12 Maths grades in my school history (OCR):

C1: 100/100
    C2: 100/100
    C3: 100/100
    C4: 99/100
    FP1: 100/100
    FP3: 100/100
    M1: 100/100
    M2: 100/100
    S1: 100/100
    Total: 9 modules, 899/900 ... in ONE year. No idea what he got in his Year 13 modules but he doesn't have my school's Year 13 record (1696/1700), maybe he just didn't take 17.

This year (in Year 12) there are 2 people taking 9 modules, I would predict they'll drop about 10 marks total each, one person taking 8 modules who I think will take 799/800 or 800/800. (Same modules as above but not FP3).

As you can see, 299/300 is not astonishing or unbeatable. It is very impressive though. I'd be happy if I got that this year. Now if you go on to get 1799/1800 ...
    That guy is my hero.

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you do questions from a textbook? And how long did it take to prepare for the exams? Also how long before the exame fo you start papers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phony2012)
    exam technique is needed.
    What exam technique is there for C2 and S1? I'm on a different board but still, I'd love to learn.

That guy is my hero.
    Thing is, I'm not convinced he was even that good at Maths. He never did that well in the Olympiads and stuff (he got to BMO Round 1 but not beyond, etc.). But then his A-level scores are next to perfect.

I wonder if there are any national statistics. Has anyone ever got 1800/1800 or 1700/1700, etc.? Or at least 1200/1200?

ReputationRep:
    I got 299 ums in as maths.

c1:99
    c2:100
    s1:100

just wondering anyone get any better?
    Hey look guys! Someone on the Maths section wants to prove themselves better than everyone!

:tsr:

ReputationRep:
    Once. If I still don't get it I do them all again. Revision was past papers. I used exam solutions for things I don't get. And exam technique is needed.
    Do you do each pastpaper properly or the ol' look, attempt in head and markscheme check?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dahir123)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you do questions from a textbook? And how long did it take to prepare for the exams? Also how long before the exame fo you start papers?
    1 month papers. Yes I did some for homework and I did bits and pieces all year. But I killed past papers last month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QUANTAM)
    Do you do each pastpaper properly or the ol' look, attempt in head and markscheme check?
    Properly obviously. If u do it in your head you're most likely took forget

ReputationRep:
    I got 299 ums in as maths.

c1:99
    c2:100
    s1:100

just wondering anyone get any better?
    Congratulations, you did well in the subject that has the lowest correlation between a-level success and future mathematical potential! And the 3 exams on the easiest exam board too (I should know, that's my exam board!)

It's a good achievement in terms of revision and you should be proud (i.e. you managed to remember what was in your textbook) but, before you start boasting, try an exam that requires real talent: STEP and BMO spring to mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piguy)
    There was a guy a year above me who got 600/600 in Maths A level in year 12 AND got rejected by Cambridge (for medicine) - ridiculous!
    It's not just about the grades.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know there where actually people this up themselves and arrogant.

Just trust me on this, I know people like you all too well. You are not as smart as you think you are.

ReputationRep:
    You have a lot to learn about TSR, young padawan.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I got 20/20 on my last spelling test in Year 6 and could read at a Year 6 level in Year 2.

Come at me.

ReputationRep:
    Nice m1 score I did m1 yesterday and I lost out on 2 marks for a stupid resolving mistake. Hope they make 73/75 full ums
    Lol just to be clear those are not my maths modules scores ... They are raheem94's : I just posted them out of interest ; I hope you get full UMS in M1.

Good Luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.