Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you dont want a baby enough to adopt one, you dont really want a baby? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't like when people talk about 'your own children' and adopted children...if I adopt kids, they will be 'my own'. If you're not going to view that child as 'your own', you shouldn't be adopting.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, I don't know if I'll ever marry and if I don't, I'm adopting. Ideally at least two, maybe three if I can afford to. If I can I'll adopt siblings because they tend to get left by the wayside or split up and I wouldn't ever want to do that to them. Children with disabilities also get left a lot and it's heartbreaking, one of the few things that will very easily make me cry. If I can't have my own children I will very happily raise one that doesn't have a home of their own. I love children, regardless of who the parents are. It's not their fault. Only thing that would bother me a little is not being able to name them, but they'll still be mine and I'll still love them just as much as if they were genetically related to me. I sort of understand why people want to pass on their genes, but then I look at the kids who are just left in care homes and I think "Why doesn't anyone want you?" :bawling: Maybe I'm just sentimental. My friend's sisters were both adopted. I kind of see where you're coming from but dismissing them because they're "just other peoples mistakes"? That's horrible!! They're not mistakes. No child is a mistake. Only thing I have issue with in that post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
    Oh no, I don't know if I'll ever marry and if I don't, I'm adopting. Ideally at least two, maybe three if I can afford to. If I can I'll adopt siblings because they tend to get left by the wayside or split up and I wouldn't ever want to do that to them. Children with disabilities also get left a lot and it's heartbreaking, one of the few things that will very easily make me cry. If I can't have my own children I will very happily raise one that doesn't have a home of their own. I love children, regardless of who the parents are. It's not their fault. Only thing that would bother me a little is not being able to name them, but they'll still be mine and I'll still love them just as much as if they were genetically related to me. I sort of understand why people want to pass on their genes, but then I look at the kids who are just left in care homes and I think "Why doesn't anyone want you?" :bawling: Maybe I'm just sentimental. My friend's sisters were both adopted. I kind of see where you're coming from but dismissing them because they're "just other peoples mistakes"? That's horrible!! They're not mistakes. No child is a mistake. Only thing I have issue with in that post.
    I wouldnt be dismissing them because of that Id be dismissing adoption because Id want my own genetic baby. On this other forum I was talking about I wasnt even mentioning adoption. It was other people who suggested it saying that theres loads of children need taking care of you dont need to bring more into the world etc. When I replied that I didnt want to adopt someone said 'if you dont want to adopt then you dont really want a baby'. In this case most of the population dont really want babies then since most people seem to prefere to give birth to their own.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.