Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

All AQA iGCSE Sciences (summer 2013) discussion Watch

ReputationRep:
    for my mocks grade boundary for a* was 65% but i reckon paper was easier than the specimens so 70 ish

ReputationRep:
    so how was chemistry everyone? Personally I reckon it was massively easier than bio... Though I messed up the enthalpy change calculation. What did you think? Paper 2 has surely got to be a lot harder?!

ReputationRep:
    What were the three advantages for the last question?

ReputationRep:
    chem was fine i thought. what do you think will come up in physics this thursday? and you recon it will be easy like bio and chem? also we do get the an equations sheet right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSD07)
    chem was fine i thought. what do you think will come up in physics this thursday? and you recon it will be easy like bio and chem? also we do get the an equations sheet right?
    Yes we do get one, but nothing else (eg: a periodic table - not that you'd need one).

ReputationRep:
    how did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    physics was okay, about as easy as chem, maybe a little harder

ReputationRep:
    what did you get for the weight of the bigger boy? everyone i know got different answers. Also, what type of error did you get for the ammeter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LookIts_Liam)
    what did you get for the weight of the bigger boy? everyone i know got different answers. Also, what type of error did you get for the ammeter?
    Not sure about the weight - got a zero error for the ammeter

ReputationRep:
    for the weight I put 480 I think, but that's one of a multitude of answers I have heard..aha

ReputationRep:
    What was the solar panel question?

ReputationRep:
    Anybody got any unofficial mark schemes?

ReputationRep:
    I found physics so hard :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSD07)
    I found physics so hard :/
    what part was the hardest?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any idea about how to revise for paper 2s? I have no idea apart from the specimen paper..

ReputationRep:
    is anybody doing double award? nobody seems to be doing it.
    i chose to do it, however a few people i've spoken to say only lower sets do double award, and i'm predicted an A/A* so im just confused.

ReputationRep:
    also how do you revise for paper 2? i wish this spec had more past papers

ReputationRep:
    I think it's more interpretation of data and practical skills. I've found questions in the same style as those in the specimen on other AQA past papers and worked through those, as well as learning the practical key words. Its only 17.5% or something AO1 (recall of information) so there isn't that much you can actually 'revise'.

ReputationRep:
    Which topics came up in the first one, we can make a list? I reckon quadrats will come up they seem to love them for whatever reason, they always put stuff on digestive enzymes too, but no promises!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FergusJVL)
    Which topics came up in the first one, we can make a list? I reckon quadrats will come up they seem to love them for whatever reason, they always put stuff on digestive enzymes too, but no promises!
    Yeah, they always like to put those in analysis questions so I think it's likely to come up on paper 2. Not entirely sure though, not much to go on

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.