Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I deactivated it. For about a week afterwards every time I used my phone I had no idea what to do on it as every time before that I would always open Facebook up out of habit it's been about three weeks and I have no urge to go on Facebook and I am considering not reactivating it after exams. However I admit since I deactivated I have used TSR a lot more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomupcraft)
    I deactivated it. For about a week afterwards every time I used my phone I had no idea what to do on it as every time before that I would always open Facebook up out of habit it's been about three weeks and I have no urge to go on Facebook and I am considering not reactivating it after exams. However I admit since I deactivated I have used TSR a lot more!
    deactivating is the boys way of deleting facebook

permanently deleting it through the link I provided is the mans way '

haha jokes bro

ReputationRep:
    I haven't yet, but I might as well have as I've completely abandoned it. It's just so boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by upthegunners)
    deactivating is the boys way of deleting facebook

permanently deleting it through the link I provided is the mans way '

haha jokes bro
    Haha I have too many photos on there too delete my Facebook permanently as I don't have enough time to save them all

ReputationRep:
    I deleted it because it was so boring, I just had to stop wasting away my life on a useless website, where apparently I don't have a heart if I don't like this cancer page. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bromaldehyde)
    I deleted it because it was so boring, I just had to stop wasting away my life on a useless website, where apparently I don't have a heart if I don't like this cancer page. :rolleyes:
    second that

ReputationRep:
    Deactivated around this time last year. Got boring and was a major distraction.
    I will probably reactivate soon to keep in touch with friends when I go to uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkhead)
    Deactivated around this time last year. Got boring and was a major distraction.
    I will probably reactivate soon to keep in touch with friends when I go to uni.
    proud of you!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it would be all that wise to shut myself off from a convenient mode of communication with just about everyone I know

If you spend too much time on it... try discipline first? Delete the app off your smart phone home page, delete the site off your favourites, force yourself to only go on it once a day just to check your messages and event invites.

I did deactivate it once and it was very nice to throw off the shackles for a while but it's not really a long term solution, the site is undeniably convenient and good for organising things.

ReputationRep:
    i no longer use facebook, i have around 700 friends and i only use it to keep in contact with a group of friends living in norway, otherwise i would have permanently deleted it. it truly is distracting and is taking away the critical importance of face-to-face conversation.

ReputationRep:
    i am currently not using my account as of exams. I want to delete it, but at the same time I don't want to. I think its not a problem, as logn as you aren't addicted, so its fine I guess, but its a big distraction during revision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomupcraft)
    last year i deactivated for 3 months, best thing ever! regret reactivating it, but defo was on tsr loads more then.
    At the moment, i have my fb, but haven't accessed it in a while and im doing good. only keeping it for uni purposes and its handy to stay in contact with others easily especially as I have bad luck with phones

ReputationRep:
    deleted mine 2years ago because i never really did much on there anyway and now i just like the fact that when ever i meet someone the only way to get to know me is by talking to me in person, helped alot with my shyness especially when i started university

ReputationRep:
    I'll deactivate it during exams, other than that its a good source of entertainment. If you go on it constantly only then is it annoying,

ReputationRep:
    I have deleted it and now I can genuinely revise

ReputationRep:
    I really want to because it's so blooming annoying tbh. I swear it makes me feel so inadequate as a person most of the time.Sadly I am far too nosey to actually deactivate it. If I didnt have FB I would not have a clue what other folks were up to as I dont interact socially IRL.

ReputationRep:
    I never knew you could actually delete it! But mine has been deactivated for about 3 months now.

Reason being, too many notifications from uni societies, and realising that I don't actually speak to most of my "friends"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I spent about an hour and a half deleting every post, like, photo etc etc etc on mine and just left it blank. That way I stay in the loop of things, but don't participate in the insanity.

ReputationRep:
    I was going to, but then I heard that this Polish girl who always posts loads of pictures of herself is going on holiday to Italy in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I did. I just got sick of constantly seeing pictures of drunk people I don't care about anymore. I wouldn't say I'm happier or whatever, it's hardly a life changing decision, but I am glad I did delete it. My close friends (i.e. the only people I actually care about) can easily get into contact with me by phone and I can always find out what socials/parties/gatherings are going on through friends.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.