Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Arsenal New Deal With Puma. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    The future looks very bright for us.
    Errr.....

ReputationRep:
    Has the deal actually been announced yet?

I think Man Utd's deal expires soon and I'm pretty sure that will blow everyone's out of the water..

ReputationRep:
    That's the standard now for other clubs and their kit manufacturers. United's when its up soon will make the others look like change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)

I think Man Utd's deal expires soon and I'm pretty sure that will blow everyone's out of the water..
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368655180.140263.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  165.7 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

United's expires in 2015. Both Arsenal and United are in very advantageous positions in that we're able to negotiate big deals - bigger than our rivals - without weakening our long term position as other big clubs are already signed into contracts that last until 2018 - 20 i.e. Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham etc. Of those clubs, only Real Madrid will be above Arsenal in kit supplier revenue if this new deal is true.

Arsenal will also be getting a bumper deal with Emirates, much bigger than the previous one, which comes in from 2014, to further boost our previously languishing commercial revenue.

ReputationRep:
    I saw that a lot of papers were reporting it but wondered if the official announcement had been made.

(Original post by EmperorMustard)
    United's expires in 2015. Both Arsenal and United are in very advantageous positions in that we're able to negotiate big deals - bigger than our rivals - without weakening our long term position as other big clubs are already signed into contracts that last until 2018 - 20 i.e. Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham etc. Of those clubs, only Real Madrid will be above Arsenal in kit supplier revenue if this new deal is true.

Arsenal will also be getting a bumper deal with Emirates, much bigger than the previous one, which comes in from 2014, to further boost our previously languishing commercial revenue.

I don't really see how Arsenal/Utd are in an advantageous position. Arsenal were not after the deal they had with Nike for the last 10/15 years or whatever it was. Liverpool entered their new deal not too long ago and frankly the Arsenal deal is only worth 5mil more per season, despite Liverpool not being in the CL for a few years now.

All the clubs will just re-negotiate new deals when their term is expriring and everyone will get bigger deals..?

Tbfh, if anything, Arsenal might be in a worse position. If all the other deals expire before Arsenals, all the kit sponsors might use up their funds/allocation before Arsenal's expires so you might not get as many bidders next time round. Equally though, it might mean that the bench mark will be set in 2018 by a number of big deals and it will be easier in 2019 to get a similar/bigger deal by Arsenal.

Man Utd frankly operate in a different world to the likes of Arsenal/Liverpool. I wouldn't be surprised if their new deal in 2015 breaks the 40mil mark.

ReputationRep:
    I saw that a lot of papers were reporting it but wondered if the official announcement had been made.

I don't really see how Arsenal/Utd are in an advantageous position. Arsenal were not after the deal they had with Nike for the last 10/15 years or whatever it was. Liverpool entered their new deal not too long ago and frankly the Arsenal deal is only worth 5mil more per season, despite Liverpool not being in the CL for a few years now.

All the clubs will just re-negotiate new deals when their term is expriring and everyone will get bigger deals..?

Tbfh, if anything, Arsenal might be in a worse position. If all the other deals expire before Arsenals, all the kit sponsors might use up their funds/allocation before Arsenal's expires so you might not get as many bidders next time round. Equally though, it might mean that the bench mark will be set in 2018 by a number of big deals and it will be easier in 2019 to get a similar/bigger deal by Arsenal.

Man Utd frankly operate in a different world to the likes of Arsenal/Liverpool. I wouldn't be surprised if their new deal in 2015 breaks the 40mil mark.
    But the point is that we're not tied down into a long term deal that won't look so good in 10/15 years. By the time most other big clubs' deals run out, ours will be as well meaning that if they do manage to negotiate a bigger deal, we will be able to as well rather than having to wait for a few years for our deal to expire. It's much better for a club to sign a deal for 5 years than 10 years unless they are likely to fall from grace in that period. We're guaranteed to receive more money than almost every other club in the world for at least the next 5 years, that's an advantage in itself, but at the same time we've not handicapped ourselves for the future beyond 2019.

It's not surprising that it's not much bigger than Liverpool's deal considering the fanbase they have that makes them attractive for investment, they are a bigger club than Arsenal. But our main rivals on the pitch at the moment besides United are Spurs, Chelsea and City and our deal with Puma is huge compared to their commercial deals, and we will be above them in that respect for at least 4 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    But the point is that we're not tied down into a long term deal that won't look so good in 10/15 years. By the time most other big clubs' deals run out, ours will be as well meaning that if they do manage to negotiate a bigger deal, we will be able to as well rather than having to wait for a few years for our deal to expire. It's much better for a club to sign a deal for 5 years than 10 years unless they are likely to fall from grace in that period. We're guaranteed to receive more money than almost every other club in the world for at least the next 5 years, that's an advantage in itself, but at the same time we've not handicapped ourselves for the future beyond 2019.

It's not surprising that it's not much bigger than Liverpool's deal considering the fanbase they have that makes them attractive for investment, they are a bigger club than Arsenal. But our main rivals on the pitch at the moment besides United are Spurs, Chelsea and City and our deal with Puma is huge compared to their commercial deals, and we will be above them in that respect for at least 4 years.
    True but I think the last deal by Arsenal was necessary for the stadium development. Tbfh, I think everyone (club side) has learnt that long term deals are not a good idea and frankly I don't see anyone else entering into a deal which will be 8 years+

It's definitely a good length of time for Arsenal and the money is still huge. I don't thnink Spurs will ever get a deal which will be close in size to Arsenal's - even if they were able to re-negotiate today. They're just not known sufficiently world-wide. Man City might create a shirt sponsor and give themselves an obscene deal
    I think the main thing is to keep ahead of Chelsea on the commercial front, where possible.

The current medium term prospects (assuming you qualify for the CL this year) does look good for Arsenal - I've been impressed with the deals negotiated post-stadium-tied deals. Just need to starts translating it onto the pitch imo.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 16, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.