The Student Room Group

Unfair driving test fail...

Scroll to see replies

I believe the highway code states that you have to use the left lane for turning left, or going straight ahead. Unless the left lane is specifically for turning left (which if it was, you'd see the arrow pointing left only)
Reply 21
Original post by jordandoe1994
A car fastly approached me from behind and had to promptly brake meaning the examiner failed me for failing to see the car.....when it arrived after i had began!

Just because you've started your maneuver it doesn't mean yoi can abandon all spatial awareness, or even that you have right of way. You should be able to identify new hazards constantly as they appear.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S
Original post by james1211
Just because you've started your maneuver it doesn't mean yoi can abandon all spatial awareness, or even that you have right of way. You should be able to identify new hazards constantly as they appear.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S

In fact I was told when you are doing a manoeuvre, all other cars which can easily pass have right of way, it is only if they stop and let you continue should you assume you can do so.
Reply 23
Original post by rmhumphries
In fact I was told when you are doing a manoeuvre, all other cars which can easily pass have right of way, it is only if they stop and let you continue should you assume you can do so.

Yeah you're correct.

Quick Reply

Latest