Wherever they drank alcohol, it clearly must've not been allowed. That's why the girl was annoyed at the hotel for not warning her. Anyways, here's a list of the alcohol laws;(Original post by nimrodstower)
So why is there a bar in the Hotel, I presume it is selling alcohol?
- Alcohol is available only at licensed premises, usually attached to hotels (most nightclubs and bars are in or attached to hotels, though they may have separate entrances).
- Alcohol is not sold on religious holidays, nor during daylight hours in Ramadan (even to non-Muslims).
- It is illegal to drink alcohol in public places, and there is a zero-tolerance policy on drunk driving. Anyone involved in a collision found with alcohol in their blood will usually get a month's jail sentence and fine.
- Alcohol can be bought only for home consumption at certain outlets in Dubai, and an alcohol license is required. Supermarkets only stock non-alcoholic beers. Even food items containing alcohol are not sold in supermarkets.
- Remember to carry some sort of identification when visiting a bar if you are young, as you will not be let in otherwise. The law prohibits anyone below 21 to enter.
- The Authorities take disruptive behavior while intoxicated very seriously, which as you can imagine will lead to jail time or deportation.
...we were on a break