Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long do cats stay missing and still come back ok? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi my cat got out yesterday night and still no sign of her we think she might be pregnant dose any one know if she might come back or not she is 3 year old we had her for a week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John1988)
    Hi my cat got out yesterday night and still no sign of her we think she might be pregnant dose any one know if she might come back or not she is 3 year old we had her for a week
    If you've only had her a week its possible she's trying to get back to her old home; maybe try there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi - Just seen your post Delph123 and wanted to try and reassure you. My Cat (who has been neutered) went missing 3 and half days ago and have just found him over the back of my house near some fields. He has never done this before where he has been away from the house for four nights in a row - He has ALWAYS come home every night! This behavior is totally out of the ordinary and have been going totally frantic; searching the streets, knocking on doors and posting flyers and so forth - I now feel like I do not know my own cat! Please don't loose hope - The flyers actually helped, as a little girl had said she'd seen him in the exact area only the night before. I will also add, i thought my cat was a bit of a loner, but now thinking otherwise - The moment I brought him in, a little tabby came into our garden; which brings me to the conclusion he'd found a mate and maybe had gone off hunting/playing - but who really knows though. Don't give up on the lil lady just yet - The weather is getting milder, so maybe your cat is simply out exploring/hunting. Good luck I hope she comes back and it's still worth while walking round the streets and calling her name.

ReputationRep:
    my cat had been missing two days now i am so worried about him we all just want him home safe hes a very skittish cat and is so so scared so he wouldnt go up to a human or into anyone elses house its so unlike him to go off and not come back hes normally back in as soon as you let him out sitting at the back door or on the window sil waiting patiently to come indoors , its just so not like him to stay away this long i hope he comes back soon i cant cope with this worry and thinking of him out there all alone and scared , just want my baby boy back safe hes 3 in 2 months time. NEED HIM HOME SAFE

ReputationRep:
    My cat has ran away after 4 days of moving to a new home he is living with my dad and he ha been going in and out so he is settled and now hes missing for about 3 days. I dont know if its because he missis me and ha now realised im gone and looking for me or he is lost because he doesnt know his way im really upset and cant stop crying😭 please help hes not chipped or no collar😭😭

ReputationRep:
    Mine has been missing now for 12 days and I hate it ,not knowing if she is ever gonna come back. She is 7 and the most she ever was away was 2days.

ReputationRep:
    Ohh im sorry to hear that😢my cats still not back either im still really worried and i keep getting little memories of what he used to do😭 i cant talk to any of my family cause they will think im a weirdo and my twin allway make fun off me so its nice to share and talk to people for help☺️

ReputationRep:
    My cat has ran away after 4 days of moving to a new home he is living with my dad and he ha been going in and out so he is settled and now hes missing for about 3 days. I dont know if its because he missis me and ha now realised im gone and looking for me or he is lost because he doesnt know his way im really upset and cant stop crying😭 please help hes not chipped or no collar😭😭

ReputationRep:
    My cat has been away for 2 weeks is that normal 😔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leajjjg)
    My cat has been away for 2 weeks is that normal 😔
    My cats still not back where was he last seen

ReputationRep:
    This is a very unusual story but we had a cat that went missing and came back 4 years later! And he came and saw his Mum and sisters (we had about 6 cats at that point!) and they had a good sniff and a lick of each other, and came occasionally for a few months! We noticed that he had been 'done' and had a collar on so we knew he was owned- we were happy that someone loved him and was looking after him. It was so amazing to see him after so long! We'd put up lost cat posters and gone out and called him at night but no luck. We think he must have gone quite far!
    But I definitely would recommend putting posters up with a photo if you have one, and share it on Facebook or social media, ask your neighbours if they've seen them and so on. Don't give up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My cat has gone missing. This isn't a answer but I am very worried hence the reason I am looking on this website. I love her so much and really don't know why she might have gone missing. She usually comes back at night but there is still no sign of her. Please help. Hope you find your cat btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara29)
    My cat has gone missing. This isn't a answer but I am very worried hence the reason I am looking on this website. I love her so much and really don't know why she might have gone missing. She usually comes back at night but there is still no sign of her. Please help. Hope you find your cat btw.
    Are there any lost and found pets pages on Facebook for your local area? If so you could put her picture on there. You could also see if your local council's animal control helps to find lost pets; the one in my hometown does this for both dogs and cats (although the one where I currently live only does it for dogs) and they found my dog after he got out and been missing for a few days. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara29)
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Just b4 xmas last yr r cat went missing at the age of 6-7 months when we got him as a kiiten we was told it was a female but just b4 he went missing we discovered it was a male lol anyway we did wat anyone wud do looking for him as i new that cats can just wonder n come bk wen there ready so yea i just left it it is now july n just last nyt on my way to bed i heard a cat cryin at the front dr it was him very big in size matted wet but happy so yea 6-7 months later n about 13 months old hes bk home were he belongs 😀 x

ReputationRep:
    Our cat Leo went missing and I googled do cat's wander and it is so hopeful to see that Delph123's cat was found. I posted in our neighbor app Nextdoor.com and Lot Pets of Corona Facebook page. I went to the local animal shelter. I'll put flyers out next. I will keep my hopes up.

ReputationRep:
    My 1 yr old female cat has gone missing, it's a week today. We've posted flyers to our neighbours and everything but still no luck. I can't sleep at night thinking she's out there somewhere. I go on dog walks around our nearby fields and call her name with her favourite toy (that makes a noise) but still no luck. We have a busy by pass right next to us and have gone up and down there to check if she's been hit but still no sign. We're going to make some more flyers and post them further around the area this time. Has anyone got anymore tips to try and find her and to make me sleep better as I've been going to sleep at 5 worrying about her, it's a horrible time.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Delph123;42642255]Has anyone had a cat that has disappeared in a way that is completely out of character and still come back? If so how long were they away?
    Just looking for some hope really- my cat wandered off what is now nearly three days ago, no sign of her, desperately want her back and just wondering how long, realistically, I can hope she will wander back in for?
    Thanks x

Feel your concerns; my daughter's cat, (WHO I LOVE DEARLY) has been missing going on a week and some few days now. We are worried beyond norm. He hasn't been neutered yet. Is completely out of character for him..he's always return never stray far from us. I've canvas entire neighborhood and then some. I CANNOT release him nor give up!!! Have heard a dog whining in the neighborhood as if he was hurt or wanting off chain. Went around afterwards to see if my cat wasn't caught by him no sign of cat nor injury, (which could be a good thing) WE KNOW he wouldn't go up to anyone unfamiliar.

ReputationRep:
    Don't give up hope. Go for walks around your neighbourhood and you might see it. Or it might show up in your garden soon

When I was a kid, my cat disappeared for 4 months but came back

Also, one winter a few years back, we had a stray cat walk along our window outside in the snow. Felt sorry for it and let it in. Did some searching on lost pet websites and found the owner. No idea how as there are so many websites and pages to search. The crazy thing was it turned out that the cat was like 50+ miles from home. Anything's possible
    • Very Important Poster

Cats can sometimes find a second home and get comfy there. Three days isnt too long.
    Hope it comes back, but realistically if you live near roads theres every chance its had a mishap, been taken by a fox or cat napped. Hope none of these are the case.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.