Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Getting in with your grades is no problem.

Staying in the Uni if one doesnt study well is the real main issue.

If your a good regular student you will be fine and see you Maastricht!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack.hutch)
    Hi, I've applied to the Maastricht for september 2014, and I'll be doing European Law. I'm a British student but am in school in france France, doing the IB diploma. I've filled in a questionnaire where they asked me a series of questions about myself and some essay questions. My grades are good, but not excellent (say about 30 - 34 average w/o extended essay + tok points) and I'm getting very worried about being accepted or not. Will it be a problem or is it really true that getting in isn't a problem, and staying in university is the true issue.

Thanks
    It's true that getting accepted generally isn't a problem (although this depends on the amount of available places in some courses) and your grades are good enough to get you into uni. If you manage to get 30 points in the IB diploma, your average grade on a 1-10 scale would be 7-ish, which is above average. I passed my central exams with a 6.8 average (though there was a lot going on back then) and I'm doing fine at my current university course. A lot of Dutch students fail to meet their BSA requirements because they're either lazy or underestimate the workload, or both. If you keep up with (most of) the coursework passing your exams are normally that much of a problem.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.