Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

does she not look overweight?! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Stop posting these WEIGHT THREADS. She is perfect, does that make you jealous now.

ReputationRep:
    Clearly overweight, although pretty and well presented in the H&M swimsuit pic. Of course it is a person's own business how fat or thin they chose to be but it's not unreasonable for people to wish to encourage others to be healthy, nor unusual for people to react badly to role models who encourage the reverse (be they super skinny, overweight, binge on drink and drugs, etc etc)

ReputationRep:
    How come she's overweight but Nicki Minaj isn't?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Clearly overweight, although pretty and well presented in the H&M swimsuit pic. Of course it is a person's own business how fat or thin they chose to be but it's not unreasonable for people to wish to encourage others to be healthy, nor unusual for people to react badly to role models who encourage the reverse (be they super skinny, overweight, binge on drink and drugs, etc etc)
    Totally agree with this! Especially about the role models.

She's a very pretty girl, amazing face, but is definitely overweight. Not obese or anything, but overweight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutella:3)
    How come she's overweight but Nicki Minaj isn't?

As much as I can't stand that untalented heifer, I am going to have to stick up for Nicki this one time. Why isn't Nicki considered overweight? Because she isn't. That's why. Yes Nicki has big boobs and a really big bum/thighs (whether or not her bum is real is an entirely different discussion) but she has a very small waist in comparison to her bust and hips. Whereas the plus-sized model is very obviously carrying weight in her boobs, her bum/thighs and her middle.

I mean honestly, do these two look like the same type of body shape?

Nicki is obviously very toned (at least at the time that picture was taken)

That said, I still prefer Jennie over that blonde nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think she looks overweight. I love how she seems so confident with her figure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is she chubby? Yes.
    Would I still bang? Yes.

That's all that needs to be said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bottled)
    i see exactly where you're coming from. you mean someone who fits society's general standard of beauty. The comparison however was fairly flawed.

She's not really ugly, but least it's a change from what we normally get anyways
    What's flawed about it?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, she does look overweight, in my opinion. She's not curvy at all, more like an apple shape with small hips and top heavy. She's very beautiful, though, and not as big as some so called 'curvy' plus sized models there are.

Annoying that she's regarded as a plus size model, though. She's not huge. Doesn't look like more than a 12 - 14 at most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Djordje)
    She's not overweight. Curvy or chubby - maybe.

I definitely would, but losing a few pounds on the belly would do wonders for her. She'd go from a 6.5/10 to an easy 7.5 or 8/10.

Otherwise, she's got a beautiful face and a beautiful figure.
    Out of curiosity, what do you consider overweight?

ReputationRep:
    On a BMI chart she probably is overweight. I'm just below average height and a size 12 and according to the NHS BMI calculator I'm overweight. However BMI charts aren't always accurate. But she actually looks beautiful, although she doesn't look like she's naturally meant to be that size.

ReputationRep:
    Don't think she's particularly fat but I think the first picture with the high waisted bikini shorts don't do her wobbly tum much justice. I think a very very very slight bit of wobble on her legs and tummy should be removed then she'd be hot as and perfect.

It's difficult because I work in a retail store, and so many women come in and do not wear the right dress size. Women come in far smaller than this lady and ask me to find them size 16s and 18s when they are probably a 12. Equally, one woman always squeezes into size 8s when she's probably a 10 or 12.

However, if we are talking about women completely true and correct in their dress sizing, around a "big 14" size is where I'd roughly draw the upper line at looking overweight or normal. I know BMI determines biologically overweight-ness though.

Having said that, in the second picture her tummy is hidden and she looks about a size 12 and much slimmer! Must be angle/editing.

She's still hot.

ReputationRep:
    She's one of the most beautiful women i've ever seen

ReputationRep:
    Definitely overweight. You can't say that this is her ideal weight. Her face is gorgeous but i'd find her more attractive if she had less fat around her abdominal area.

I think people don't like the term overweight so they use other words to describe it such as chubby. It in my opinion it simply means they have more fat than they should, not that much but still a little bit, which is fine and they shouldn't be judged for choosing to be that weight, and i'm sure some people find it incredibly attractive, but they shouldn't fool themselves as to believe that they're not overweight.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, she kind of reminds me of a chubbier version of Keira Knightley

ReputationRep:
    I'd tap that, looks fine to me.

ReputationRep:
    I'd do her any day. TBH I actually prefer her being this size

ReputationRep:
    She looks a little overweight, though personally the figure she has is what I'd prefer compared to if she lost a stone or more.

I mean when you think she was told to gain weight to be a plus size model or loose it to be a stick, she chose the former. Clearly her "natural" weight is lower than her weight now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usernme_)
    thing is wih these plus sized models they all have skinny arms and cover their tubby bits up with clothing if she had size 12 arms i bet they wouldnt have hired her!
    Size 12 arms?

I'm a size 12, these are my arms.

Name:  2013-05-16-230713.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  192.9 KB

And for the record, I think she looks good, but not plus size. The phrase 'plus size' implies sizes of 18+

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cake Faced Kid.)
    Size 12 arms?

I'm a size 12, these are my arms.

Name:  2013-05-16-230713.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  192.9 KB

And for the record, I think she looks good, but not plus size. The phrase 'plus size' implies sizes of 18+
    hmm well i think arm size is just hard to measure as im a 6-8 and my arms are about the same size as yours , i was thinking chubby arms that you can grab a handful of fat

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.