The Student Room Group

Post your unpopular opinions...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
This is gonna escalate rather quickly.
Reply 21
Original post by harreeeee
Define inferior genetics?

Good luck telling someone they cant have kids because they have inferior genetics!

well stupid for a start
Original post by redz0r
I noticed there was an unpopular opinions thread on sport and music, but not one for general ideas.

Here's some of my mine (don't be offended)

Fight club is massively overrated
So is The walking dead

People should take a test before reproducing - this way inferior genetics are not passed on

The era we live in will go down in history as the most influential and the best - if you hate current society feel free to go back to the 1300's without your precious Iphones and catch black death

If you want the death penalty back, you should be willing to enter your name and details into a hat. Everytime someone innocent is killed by the death penalty, a random name is drawn and that person is executed

Majority of women shouldn't be allowed to vote

Fight Club is one of my favourite films! But I agree with everything else you said.

Apart from "Majority of women shouldn't be allowed to vote". What's your rationale behind that?
Reply 23
Big Bang Theory is the the most unfunny **** ever broadcast on television

The Hangover also sucked ass
Reply 24
Original post by Aaah
I hated Pulp Fiction. It was an awful movie.

Quentin Tarantino is a terrible director who makes terrible films people just love em because people are bad-asses in them with guns and swearing.
Under 25's should not be allowed to post in the relationships forum.
The anonymous function should be removed.
Nobody under 30 should be able to participate in any form of nostalgia thread.
Usage of the words 'lush', 'amazeballs' and 'sick' (in any context other than that of bad health) should result in an instaban.
Reply 26
Original post by redz0r
I noticed there was an unpopular opinions thread on sport and music, but not one for general ideas.

Fight club is massively overrated
So is The walking dead

People should take a test before reproducing - this way inferior genetics are not passed on

The era we live in will go down in history as the most influential and the best - if you hate current society feel free to go back to the 1300's without your precious Iphones and catch black death

If you want the death penalty back, you should be willing to enter your name and details into a hat. Everytime someone innocent is killed by the death penalty, a random name is drawn and that person is executed

Majority of women shouldn't be allowed to vote

Any thing to do with HIV and gay people

People tend to be escapists
Reply 27
Anything to do with INBREEDING and narrow gene pools

People get paranoid.
Well, since you did ask for it:
1. Feminists are unbearable.
2. Zionists are unbearable.
3. The USA is unbearable.
4. People who don't speak English properly and still insist on speaking in English and no other language than English are unbearable.
5. Foreigners who call themselves British simply because they have the British passport are unbearable.
And, ladies and gentlemen, brace yourselves:

Spoiler

Original post by Bertie Wooster
I find homosexuality disturbing. I'm not saying this because of any religious or cultural compulsion; I personally find it sickening.

Okay, but do you see it as immoral? If so, for what reason?
Reply 30
Original post by Bertie Wooster
Well, since you did ask for it:
1. Feminists are unbearable.
2. Zionists are unbearable.
3. The USA is unbearable.
4. People who don't speak English properly and still insist on speaking in English and no other language than English are unbearable.
5. Foreigners who call themselves British simply because they have the British passport are unbearable.
And, ladies and gentlemen, brace yourselves:

Spoiler

What did you mean by number 4? Did you mean Northerners?
Reply 31
Not everyone should be allowed children (due to being unfit parents and due to massive population booms, its not just immigrants which are pushing up numbers UKIP/BNP...).
Climate Change IS a problem, and people should start possibly risking their economies to try and fix it.
UKIP are getting worryingly popular...
Higher taxes for the rich.
Lower pay for Parliament (along with scrapping of beer subsidies etc)
Private schools/Grammer schools/Academies/Free Schools should be shut, replaced with FULLY comprehensive schools.
If a politician wants a state funeral their party should pay, not the taxpayer.
Nationalise Energy, Water, Trains, Banks.
Jail the bankers behind the crash.
Limit the influence of multinationals/news giants in politics.
Twilight is crap.
Israel needs to be stopped, its broken more UN sanctions than Iraq AND Iran, got more nukes than both, only reason its still strong is cause its USA's bed buddy and we need a 'reasonable' (Western) voice in the Middle East. Apparently.
America is the worlds only major imperial power right now.
Reply 32
Original post by GremlinFace
Okay, but do you see it as immoral? If so, for what reason?

I think this thread will be much more successful if people avoid commenting on others posts. It will discourage people from posting their unpopular opinions if they are worried someone is going to examine them. He doesn't like gay people. Sure we might change his mind through rational discussion, but that's not what the thread is for.

EDIT: I mean in terms of "Why do you think this"
Reply 33
pride and prejudice isnt romantic cos they all just married for money and mr darcy is a cold charecter although colin firths wooden acting might be a factor in this
ET has a happy ending , if u were an alien would u want to be stranded on a strange planet or go home 2 ur family?
x-factor is rubbish
i like rain , unless its so heavy that your clothes are soaking and hair is dripping
hollyoaks is the best soap
i think kim kardashian has good dress sense (most of the time but then she wears something awful like that met dress and thoes weird wellington boot shoes)
i watched borat and diddnt think it was funny , pefered bruno
think family guy is rubbish but i like the cleveland show
i would rather have pretty much any phone than iphone
dont like facebook , find it annoying dont like how you have to have facebook for so many things now , it should be an optional site but sometimes u need it to log into other websites or to enter competitions or get online discounts (i went on a clothing webite the other day and they say 50% discount for facebook users!) i think in the future everyone will be on facebook beucase it will be difficult to use the internet/buy things/sign up to stuff without it
Original post by redz0r
i noticed there was an unpopular opinions thread on sport and music, but not one for general ideas.

fight club is massively overrated
so is the walking dead

people should take a test before reproducing - this way inferior genetics are not passed on

the era we live in will go down in history as the most influential and the best - if you hate current society feel free to go back to the 1300's without your precious iphones and catch black death

if you want the death penalty back, you should be willing to enter your name and details into a hat. Everytime someone innocent is killed by the death penalty, a random name is drawn and that person is executed

majority of women shouldn't be allowed to vote

aw hell nah!
Reply 35
Original post by FubbyTucker
Under 25's should not be allowed to post in the relationships forum.
The anonymous function should be removed.
Nobody under 30 should be able to participate in any form of nostalgia thread.

Usage of the words 'lush', 'amazeballs' and 'sick' (in any context other than that of bad health) should result in an instaban.

I don't think people who aren't in education should be on the student room, i.e. the majority of people over 25.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by Aaah
I hated Pulp Fiction. It was an awful movie.

Me too!! It's one of a very few movies I can't stand
Original post by AeneasBK
I think this thread will be much more successful if people avoid commenting on others posts. It will discourage people from posting their unpopular opinions if they are worried someone is going to examine them. He doesn't like gay people. Sure we might change his mind through rational discussion, but that's not what the thread is for.

EDIT: I mean in terms of "Why do you think this"

I'm not criticising his point of view. I'm just curious as to whether he holds the even more unpopular view that it is immoral. Surely that is in keeping with the purpose of the thread?
Reply 38
I think most girls are fat.

I hate fat people.

I hate girls who blame being fat on 'their curvy shape'
The most important and worthwhile pursuit of humanity is, by leaps and bounds so great almost everything else pales to near-triviality, is mathematics. Medicine is probably the only discipline that wouldn't benefit majorly from this at first, yet is also a worthwhile area of study. By extension, the arts deserve no place in serious work, and should be for one's own enjoyment/expression in free time.

Modern music is not music. It's trash. Very few artists produce something that's interesting. Makes me want to cry.

The world would be better off being "The World"; one (de facto) language, one currency/economy, etc.

A cynical point of view is almost always correct.

There's definitely more, but I can't think of them right now..

Quick Reply

Latest