Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend doesn't like me talking to guys watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phelps)
    So my boyfriend is quite possessive and gets jealous very easily - if I look at another boy on a night out he gets angry and says that I'm staring at other guys. I might look which is only natural but I don't look at anyone else 'like that' if you get me - I only have eyes for my boyfriend...

Anyway, I have a guy friend who I used to speak to a lot but now I hardly speak to and never see as my boyfriend doesn't like it - this guy has tried it on in the past although I was single and I never got with him and we've just been friends since - although my boyfriend still thinks he would try and get with me although as a friend, I don't think he would if he valued our friendship...or am I just being a naive girl? He doesn't even like me messaging him and he thinks I'm being unreasonable for wanting to be his friend? He is just a friend to me and now I'm in a relationship he has never made any flirty comments or made any advances but my boyfriend still thinks he would throw that out the window if I was alone with him....

I can kind of see where he's coming from but doesn't it come down to trusting me at the end of the day too?

Opinions would be appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In my opinion if there's no trust, there's no love.

Tell your boyfriend what you think and that he should trust you in the sense you would never try anything and never let your friend advance on you. See what he say's and make your decision. He has no right to chose who you talk to!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 17, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.