Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

UKIP Leader Nigel Farage 'Barricaded' In Pub & 'Rescued By Police From Protesters' Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    I'm sorry, but I couldn't even get past this line of your post.
    "German" is a nationality, not a race.
    I understand his point though. He should have said xenophobe instead of racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the-black-lotus)
    This is amusing, no I personally wouldn't go to the effort and risk of wasting/losing my voice because of him but you know I empathise a lot with those who did...

So you agree with shouting down other peoples opinions that differ from yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    No but I doubt Mr Farage would disagree with doing that...

ReputationRep:

Farage beleives in almost limitless freedom of speech, so he is completely cool with people voicing their opinion in such a manner.

Aside, I don't think I hate any politician enough to heckle them in the street and trap them in a pub, not even Griffin o_o.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thriftworks)
    Farage beleives in almost limitless freedom of speech, so he is completely cool with people voicing their opinion in such a manner.

Aside, I don't think I hate any politician enough to heckle them in the street and trap them in a pub, not even Griffin o_o.
    I saw Nick Griffin shopping in my town centre a couple of years ago, but I manned to resist shouting at him! Although if I saw George Galloway I might be tempted.

ReputationRep:
    This is great from a couple years back, Farage stopped in the street by a bunch of mouthy protesters, he manages to engage them in the end:

ReputationRep:
    It's funny how he's lambasted for being nationalistic in Scotland.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiggyTopes)
    I understand his point though. He should have said xenophobe instead of racist.
    So he's xenophobic even though he married a German?

Infact, if you listen to Farage speak he's not xenophobic, he's actually pro European in a cultural and social way. He's just against the EU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan-James)
    bunch of lowlife thugs, and as a recent study shows, probably a skinny, scrawny bunch!
    What study was that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    What study was that?
    A Daily Mail commissioned one that found left-wingers are weaker physically than right-wingers. Pile of :poo: if you ask me.

ReputationRep:

Infact, if you listen to Farage speak he's not xenophobic, he's actually pro European in a cultural and social way. He's just against the EU.
    I think you've misunderstood me. I don't think he's either racist or xenophobic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mad Dog)
    A Daily Mail commissioned one that found left-wingers are weaker physically than right-wingers. Pile of :poo: if you ask me.
    Botham vs. Galloway would be an interesting duel in the battle of ideologies

ReputationRep:
    I think you've misunderstood me. I don't think he's either racist or xenophobic.
    Sorry. My mistake. It's just that the left have a habit of throwing words about to demonize people who hold a different viewpoint to them

ReputationRep:
    Sorry. My mistake. It's just that the left have a habit of throwing words about to demonize people who hold a different viewpoint to them
    Yes, like shouting 'scum, scum, scum...'!

ReputationRep:
    Actually they were middle class tossers from the EUSA.

And I don't quite know where to start. Racist? Fascist? Clearly don't know what the two words mean. Just goes to show, that when the left starts to lose the argument, they go violent and offensive.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I thought this was brilliant. This is Scotland taking a stand against backwards policies like these:

- Leaving the European convention on human rights
    - Opposing same sex marriage
    - Repealing the hunting ban
    - Legalising smoking in pubs
    - Increasing defence spending

This is nothing to do with Scottish nationalism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GremlinFace)
    Personally, I thought this was brilliant. This is Scotland taking a stand against backwards policies like these:

- Leaving the European convention on human rights
    - Opposing same sex marriage
    - Repealing the hunting ban
    - Legalising smoking in pubs
    - Increasing defence spending

This is nothing to do with Scottish nationalism.
    Do you really think that's what it was about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    Actually they were middle class tossers from the EUSA.

And I don't quite know where to start. Racist? Fascist? All that tuition money going to waste. Clearly don't know what the two words mean. Just goes to show, that when the left starts to lose the argument, they go violent and offensive.
    Those with the worst arguments always need to shout the loudest.

ReputationRep:
    Do you really think that's what it was about?
    Yes, what do you think it was about?

ReputationRep:

Sheesh, are you UKIP supporters always on edge like that?
    He said you meant the word "xenophobic" instead of "racist".

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.