Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conalltheconall)
    I agree with you, the paper was a joke! Perhaps the humour centred around the contrived pun between simpsons rule and the simpsons family from the popular comedy. That was the angle i tried to take an tackling this question. My personal opinion is that they will remove this question as it is not only impossible to do what they asked but it is not even clear what theyre asking. Did you get the rest of the paper correct?
    Nice to see someone agrees . I despise ccea after this paper and the m1. Can't wait to see the back of them after these exams are finished haha. Anyway, the rest of the paper went quite well. I think I might have got the partial fractions wrong but can't fully remember, possibly paranoia lol. The other thing is the first transformation. It asked to show clearly were it crosses the axis but I couldn't show were it crossed the x axis, so I just labelled were it crossed the y axis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ririlarov)
    OMG I resat M1 on monday #cry
    I think I got a U.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jkpmc)
    I need an A*. Anyone think 65 out 75 would do it?
    no defs not, sorry CCEA never scale up stuff. You have to get 90% at least, slightly over to be on the safe side cause they will probably scale you down. Like for example I got 69/75 in C1 which is 92% and it got scaled to 88/100. And my friend does Further Maths so she did C3 last summer and she actually got 75 to get 100 on the UMS system, whereas other exam boards would scale you up to 100 if you got like 90%

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone help me out on how many marks I may have got from the Simpsons rule question? Using the combined equation from Q7 i) I then used the Simpsons rule with that equation to try and find out the area. Would I have gained any method marks, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronan285)
    Could anyone help me out on how many marks I may have got from the Simpsons rule question? Using the combined equation from Q7 i) I then used the Simpsons rule with that equation to try and find out the area. Would I have gained any method marks, no?
    I used that equation and got a sensible answer. However if it is wrong then obviously only some marks are available.

In 2012 January Q4 it was worth 4 marks, 2 MW, 1 W and 1 M. So 1 method mark, I don't know if MW marks are awarded but I'm guessing not.

In 2013 January Q4 it was worth 6 marks, 4 MW, 1 W and 1 M. So again 1 method mark. I hope it will be different this year

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.