Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE Classical Greek Literature watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Yes, hoping it will be ok but still worried! For some reason there isn't a 402 paper from 2010, were the 401 and 402 then amalgamated?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SnowyGreyWolf)
    Yes, hoping it will be ok but still worried! For some reason there isn't a 402 paper from 2010, were the 401 and 402 then amalgamated?
    I think 2011 was when it was first introduced, and I think you had to do the sources in 2010.

ReputationRep:
    anyone know what the grade boundaries are for the language?

ReputationRep:
    Found the language today quite hard! Completely messed up a sentence on the translation and made a couple of other errors. Reckon I might just be able to get 50-52ish depending on how nice the examiner is. :P Which may just get an A*, seeing as the B402 boundary varies between 49-52.

Also, does anyone know if you can get an A* overall without getting an A* in each individual component? I.e. can you get 3 A*, then a high A and still get one?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i thought it was also reasonably difficult, however there wasn't any vocab i didn't know so hopefully it went alright. The only thing that i think i messed up was the last sentence in the first paragraph of the translation, what i came up with didn't make much sense. Overall i think it was an alright paper, no harder than the one from last year.

(Original post by alexgr97)
    Also, does anyone know if you can get an A* overall without getting an A* in each individual component? I.e. can you get 3 A*, then a high A and still get one?
    Surely if you get 3 A*'s and an A then it would be an A* overall, I think only if you really messed up one paper would it bring your mark down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexgr97)
    Found the language today quite hard! Completely messed up a sentence on the translation and made a couple of other errors. Reckon I might just be able to get 50-52ish depending on how nice the examiner is. :P Which may just get an A*, seeing as the B402 boundary varies between 49-52.

I agree- some parts of the translation were quite tricky!

Your marks for each component are converted into UMS and then your grade boundary is decided by your total UMS So yes, you can get an A* overall without getting an A* in each component- I have a friend who got high A*s in 3 of the papers, but got a B in the others and he still got an A*.

ReputationRep:
    Made a vocabulary error but think the rest was all right, liked the story! (: definitely more interesting than a Latin paper I took a few weeks ago (: does anybody know what the B401 boundary and the sources paper boundary are for A*? (:

ReputationRep:
    How was the B401? I thought it was ok, think I may be able to get an A*.

ReputationRep:
    I think so too, hopefully an A* (:

ReputationRep:
    I agree, wasn't bad at all! A bit too many imperfects (I for one prefer it when the story is straightforward and in the aorist tense :P ) but it's over! Hurrah!

ReputationRep:
    there was some vocab that wasn't on the vocabulary sheets such as athlon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f.f.f)
    there was some vocab that wasn't on the vocabulary sheets such as athlon!
    That's on the vocab list...

ReputationRep:
    Same about the lack of aorists, also with both papers and the WJEC Latin there haven't been many passives ):

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SnowyGreyWolf)
    Same about the lack of aorists, also with both papers and the WJEC Latin there haven't been many passives ):

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought there were quite a few passives in B402 (and actually more than I was expecting in B401) :P But passives aren't my favourite thing tbf, so any at all just annoy me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jubjubbird01)
    I thought there were quite a few passives in B402 (and actually more than I was expecting in B401) :P But passives aren't my favourite thing tbf, so any at all just annoy me.
    Not enough for me ): but I'm unusual in that I use them a lot haha (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 7, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.