Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimi85)
    what did u get for the CO2 emission?
    I got 0.24. Don't ask me how, because there was no physics involved in what I did. I simply went with whatever popped into my twisted mind within the last five minutes so I just scribbled some calculation down. But I think the value should be less than 0.54, because I remember thinking about a hint given in the following part of that question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madaboutmambo)
    I got 0.24. Don't ask me how, because there was no physics involved in what I did. I simply went with whatever popped into my twisted mind within the last five minutes so I just scribbled some calculation down. But I think the value should be less than 0.54, because I remember thinking about a hint given in the following part of that question.
    LOOL , i also solved it in the laast min , but i got 0.57 or 0.057 , one of those lol cant remember , i hope the range of answer is wide enough to fit in my answer

ReputationRep:
    I got 0.24 too! I found that to be one of the most confusing questions, absolutely irrelevant to physics!

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is equal to 0.24 I asked my teacher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patelings)
    I got 0.24 too! I found that to be one of the most confusing questions, absolutely irrelevant to physics!
    Looks like we're right! *High five*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexsk)
    Guys I found difficult the exercise with the accelerometer and the last answer with the two balls. Share please your answers!!!
    Yeah I didn't like that one either. But I think it was something like 9.8 * sin 7 ----> which rounds off to 1 m/s2. (I didn't get that sadly, I simply wrote cos 7 which happens to be equal to 0.99!! )
    As for the diagrams, If I remember correctly when the car is travelling under constant velocity, it remains still.
    b) when it's moving under acceleration - it moves to the left with a large angle from the vertical and
    c) deceleration - it moves to the left but with a reduced angle
    ^ not sure about my answers to this one at all though

and the last part about it's orientation: I wrote that three planes are involved ( like x , y and z planes ) which enable a better or much more accurate positioning (again - i dont remember the question :/ )

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I didn't like that one either. But I think it was something like 9.8 * sin 7 ----> which rounds off to 1 m/s2. (I didn't get that sadly, I simply wrote cos 7 which happens to be equal to 0.99!! )
    As for the diagrams, If I remember correctly when the car is travelling under constant velocity, it remains still.
    b) when it's moving under acceleration - it moves to the left with a large angle from the vertical and

and the last part about it's orientation: I wrote that three planes are involved ( like x , y and z planes ) which enable a better or much more accurate positioning (again - i dont remember the question :/ )
    I think for the decelerating it's moving to the right? I'm not sure but that's what the guys with the unofficial mark scheme said? Could be wrong. It makes sense though because if you think about every day car situations, if you suddenly decelerate, everything flies forward, due to Newton's first law. So the mass, would fly forward until the tension in the cable stops it from being ripped off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE-help)
    I think for the decelerating it's moving to the right? I'm not sure but that's what the guys with the unofficial mark scheme said? Could be wrong.
    But if it's moving to the right, shouldn't the direction of the car be reversed? But if it's decelerating, the car still moves in the same direction just with... reduced acceleration? LOL I don't know yeah I could be wrong! We'll have to wait and see. Are you taking a C2 exam tomorrow by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    But if it's moving to the right, shouldn't the direction of the car be reversed? But if it's decelerating, the car still moves in the same direction just with... reduced acceleration? LOL I don't know yeah I could be wrong! We'll have to wait and see. Are you taking a C2 exam tomorrow by any chance?
    I think if the car is decelerating, there is a resultant force in the opposition direction to it's velocity, so it's just slowing down. But the things inside won't slow down, they'll keep on doing what they were doing, and in the case of the pendulum, it would carry on flying forward until it feels the tension from the string. That's my guess.

What a horrid paper

Erm yeah I'm doing C2 tomorrow. I've not done nearly as much as I'd like, simply because of how much this Physics demoralized me. Still feeling confident though. Hopefully it's too late to jinx it but C2 is ok

ReputationRep:
    Looks like we're right! *High five*
    YUP! *high five*, btw do any of you guys know got for the stealth question? i love that ride but the physics exam ruined it for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE-help)
    I think if the car is decelerating, there is a resultant force in the opposition direction to it's velocity, so it's just slowing down. But the things inside won't slow down, they'll keep on doing what they were doing, and in the case of the pendulum, it would carry on flying forward until it feels the tension from the string. That's my guess.

What a horrid paper

Erm yeah I'm doing C2 tomorrow. I've not done nearly as much as I'd like, simply because of how much this Physics demoralized me. Still feeling confident though. Hopefully it's too late to jinx it but C2 is ok
    Yeah I understand what you're saying :O it makes sense to me. Anyways it's over now, GOOD LUCK FOR C2

ReputationRep:

finally someone wrote what i wrote , when i read the unofficial ms i freaked out cuz its the oop to what we wrote , well kinda but i cant remember tgebshow acc question at all for some reason , im starting to think i forgot to answer that , oh gosh

ReputationRep:
    Where can I find the unofficial mark scheme plz?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexsk)
    Where can I find the unofficial mark scheme plz?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post42792078

ReputationRep:
    Could someone please put a unofficial mark scheme up?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.