Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ABB at AS? Uni help! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mmz)
    Oh wow that's great! How many retakes did you do on your gap year...
    Boy these questions my be annoying you...
    Also you may have had good grades only only needed to retake a few to get them to a's..../
    I retook 2 chemistry modules and 2 biology modules. I think it was ABB I got originally.

And no worries. Once upon a time I was in your position.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eljamaispa)
    I retook 2 chemistry modules and 2 biology modules. I think it was ABB I got originally.

And no worries. Once upon a time I was in your position.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thats great...no wonder you got all your offers....
    so you just put pending on modules you are retaking right
    and don't mention it on your ucas that your retaking, just what im doing on my gap year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mmz)
    thats great...no wonder you got all your offers....
    so you just put pending on modules you are retaking right
    and don't mention it on your ucas that your retaking, just what im doing on my gap year
    I really can't remember. Best to check with your tutor or sixth form head.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PatienceO94)
    i really wouldn't worry too much i got BCCD (dropped the D subject) at AS and even got a few U's in some modules but still got offers from Manchester, Sheffield and Newcastle (also Lincoln) i've firmed Manchester now for BioMed, good luck to you
    How did you pull that off ?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I am Dog)
    What UMS did you get for the 3 subjects?

I am not sure because I haven't finished them but realistically, this is what I am aiming for. obviously, if I don't get these grades, my question would probably be invalid but yep, I'm hoping now realistically ABB!

ReputationRep:
    Most people will get predicted higher than the results they get at AS. Just explain to your teacher you need them to predict you an A for university and you'll work harder next year. A lot of people get in with grades lower than the entry requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acj94)
    I got BCCC at AS and got offers from 5 Russell Groups for Law so i wouldn't worry, they'll give you offers on the off chance you resit and raise your grades because it's no skin off their nose if you don't achieve your offer in the end
    keele isnt russell

ReputationRep:
    I did a third year and got worse grades than that- managed to get 4 offers (withdrew from my 5th) including Sheffield and Exeter. Don't worry about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)
    How did you pull that off ?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    haha i had good GCSE's and my personal statement was pretty good if i do say so myself i kinda wish i'd done better from the beginning of AS but i can only look forward and ace these exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah09_)
    Most people will get predicted higher than the results they get at AS. Just explain to your teacher you need them to predict you an A for university and you'll work harder next year. A lot of people get in with grades lower than the entry requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!!! Yeah, I can definitely get my teachers to help me out on that side

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilGem)
    I did a third year and got worse grades than that- managed to get 4 offers (withdrew from my 5th) including Sheffield and Exeter. Don't worry about it

Phew!! Haha, I feel a lot better. Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    Negative ratings?!
    sorry if I offended anyone with my posts?!?!!

ReputationRep:
    haha i had good GCSE's and my personal statement was pretty good if i do say so myself i kinda wish i'd done better from the beginning of AS but i can only look forward and ace these exams
    Wow what were the conditional grades they offer to you ?
    I am inspired to replicate your success !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)
    Wow what were the conditional grades they offer to you ?
    I am inspired to replicate your success !

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Manchester offered me ABB the A in biology, wow thanks what about you?

ReputationRep:
    hey- im in a similar situation....

what offers did you get and did you do resits?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mmz)
    hey- im in a similar situation....

what offers did you get and did you do resits?
    glad to know i'm not alone i got offered ABB from Manchester, AAB from Sheffield, ABB from Newcastle and 280 UCAS points from Lincoln which is equivalent to BBC and gosh so many resits in the last 2 years yes, i did 2 or 3 last year, 1 in January, i did one yesterday lol and still got 2 left adding that to my actual exams its quite a lot, im glad they dont take resits into consideration when making an offer some unis do tho which is a little unfair but oh well :/ so what ure situation?

ReputationRep:
    glad to know i'm not alone i got offered ABB from Manchester, AAB from Sheffield, ABB from Newcastle and 280 UCAS points from Lincoln which is equivalent to BBC and gosh so many resits in the last 2 years yes, i did 2 or 3 last year, 1 in January, i did one yesterday lol and still got 2 left adding that to my actual exams its quite a lot, im glad they dont take resits into consideration when making an offer some unis do tho which is a little unfair but oh well :/ so what ure situation?
    Oh wow. I'm a mature student. Doing two alevels in one year now and my 3rd one on my gap year whilst travelling as my current college didn't allow me to take politics as it was completely full. I don't think I would have managed 3 intensive alevels in one year anyway!
    My ucas is gonna look so weird lol! I will have two alevels and one as pending(the Poltics)
    The reason btw I'm asking about retakes is incase I don't do too well in my exams in June and want to retake on my gap year whilst doing my politics!
    I know....my situation is weird...mainly because after GCSEs I left education an worked! I decided to come back this year though....hence why I am doing two intensive alevels.....

ReputationRep:
    i got BBBB at AS level, predicted AAA for A level and got offers from Imperial, UCL, York, Bath and Manchester. And my course didn't interview. Just make sure your personal statement is really good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by script100)
    i got BBBB at AS level, predicted AAA for A level and got offers from Imperial, UCL, York, Bath and Manchester. And my course didn't interview. Just make sure your personal statement is really good
    With regards to personal statement...what's the best way to write it...
    Talk about your subject, why you want to study it and what you hope to learn....?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mmz)
    With regards to personal statement...what's the best way to write it...
    Talk about your subject, why you want to study it and what you hope to learn....?
    Talk about your subject, why it interests you and what particular areas you like. yeah, talk about what you hope to learn and what you hope to do in future. I advise you put in books you've read about the subject or scientific journals ect., but you have to make sure your comfortable to talk about them in an interview. Most of it should be about the course but talk about about extra curricular activities and write what you learned from then, don't just list them.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.