Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    what was the answer for the bond for DNA question?

ReputationRep:
    Oh that sounds good! Much better than what I wrote. I wrote 'land animals need oxygen to breathe and therefore they would die without enough oxygen'

ReputationRep:
    I wrote weak hydrogen bonds

ReputationRep:
    do you think i will get the mark for just saying hydrogen bond?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah because it said what type of bond and the type is hydrogen.

ReputationRep:
    Yup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clai)
    Yeah same it was terribly worded! They didn't make it clear whether the codon table they gave was referring to what the tRNA codon was or what the tRNA codon attached itself to, so you had to work it out yourself.
    mettcclys some thing like that first found it hard but i re read it

ReputationRep:
    ok good, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flash2013)
    what was the answer for the bond for DNA question?
    weak hydrogen bonds

ReputationRep:
    what was the answer for the egg cell when it asked you the sperm cell is 0.5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geronimo!)
    0.5 (whatever the weight unit was), because both gametes are haploid and contain the same amount of chromosomes, therefore DNA, and therefore the weight of the DNA should be the same (although I'm not sure if this is true in reality, I'm sure that's what they want in the exam). So when they fuse to form a zygote they have the full amount of chromosomes and therefore 1 of whatever weight unit they used.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geronimo!)
    I put 0.5 for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flash2013)
    i cant remember what the answer was but i put something like: TAA JSS WER (just random letters as an example)
    yeah the first question was hard but when i went back on it it looked easy

ReputationRep:
    for the first 6 marker, one of the points i made is that the visking tube model does not give the optimum conditions for enzymes to work best in such as alkaline conditions and also in terms of temperature. Is this correct?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was pretty hard exam. I completely screwed up the maths question (the 5 x 10 one). Didn't look at the table properly and compared the wrong numbers - oops! Glad it was only 2 marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neeldoshi97)
    for the first 6 marker, one of the points i made is that the visking tube model does not give the optimum conditions for enzymes to work best in such as alkaline conditions and also in terms of temperature. Is this correct?
    I'm not sure but I did also mention that there was no bile in the Visking tube so it doesn't replicate the pH and how bile emulsifies fat (althougth there was no lipase or fat in it). I'm sure that any comparison of the Visking tube to the small intestine and how it is/isn't similar will get you a mark.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else here do the triple paper? How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clai)
    I'm not sure but I did also mention that there was no bile in the Visking tube so it doesn't replicate the pH and how bile emulsifies fat (althougth there was no lipase or fat in it). I'm sure that any comparison of the Visking tube to the small intestine and how it is/isn't similar will get you a mark.
    ahh ok thank you

ReputationRep:
    The examination was sickening. Things I didn't revise came up. Horrible examination.

ReputationRep:
    Oh well that's biology over, nothing you can do about it now. Best of luck to everyone doing their chemistry 2 on Thursday. Someone should make a thread about it...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.