Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA LTA1C Struggle for Modern Identity 17/05/13 watch

ReputationRep:
    Loads of students in my school who were expecting As got Es and Us. I thought this exam would be a safe bid due to promising coursework but apparently that wasn't the case. I seem to have done well by some miracle however we had only one A within my entire sixth form!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got a B and its so frustrating because i was only 3 marks off an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh no! I don't think it's worth the retake or a remark just in case it goes down. I would not want to go through those two hours again! Your overall grade should still be alright though, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloewright96)
    I got a B and its so frustrating because i was only 3 marks off an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oops

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    one of my friends got a B and all the rest got Cs, Ds, Es and Us even. I got an A, which was the highest grade in the year but I haven't told my friends because I don't want them to feel bad.
    I think it's just AQA being annoying again though....

ReputationRep:
    I got a "D" in that exam, I wasn't expecting those type of questions to come up. Then as I thought I got an A in the coursework, it moved down to a "B" which left me with a "C" overall. Absolutely gutted, the exam boards this year was really harsh. I hate OCR the most.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halfasarah)
    Loads of students in my school who were expecting As got Es and Us. I thought this exam would be a safe bid due to promising coursework but apparently that wasn't the case. I seem to have done well by some miracle however we had only one A within my entire sixth form!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's exactly the same with mine. I think our school is sending off for a load of papers to be remarked! It's just so strange that people who normally get high A's were getting U's in the exam. Well done for getting an A though. Do you reckon it's just tough marking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of getting a remark, but I don't think my exam paper is worthy, LOOOL! The "Don Muller" article was difficult to talk about, and hard to link with my wider reading. Some people ended up writing two paragraphs on that question, and moved on to the Maya Angelou poetry. Many people ended up with E's and U's, I managed to scrape a D which was 8 marks away from a C in the exam. I don't know who else got a "C" overall in my class, apart from myself. But, if you're feeling really confident about getting a remark, then go for it. If not, don't bother because it could make your actual grade worser than how it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Littlemissmae)
    That's exactly the same with mine. I think our school is sending off for a load of papers to be remarked! It's just so strange that people who normally get high A's were getting U's in the exam. Well done for getting an A though. Do you reckon it's just tough marking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My school seems to have a policy in which, unless you're one or two marks away from moving up a grade, you don't get a remark. That way, none of my friends who got E's and U's could get a remark. That just adds to it because I'm sure if everyone asked for remarks AQA would look into their boundaries! Perhaps the questions themselves were a problem, after all the questions that came up were nothing like the past papers, so that may have confused some. I just hope this doesn't happen again next year, I'm not up for a shock like that on such a stressful day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilacwanda28)
    one of my friends got a B and all the rest got Cs, Ds, Es and Us even. I got an A, which was the highest grade in the year but I haven't told my friends because I don't want them to feel bad.
    I think it's just AQA being annoying again though....
    My friends accept it as competition. My teacher happily hugged me while I cried about my other grades because I was her only A, that felt kind of good haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.