Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

LDR's - how often do you skype or phone your bf/gf? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    As in the title, how often do you either Skype or phone your long distance partner, and about how long for? Do you have a schedule or is it spontaneous?
    Always spontaneous, no plans. I don't think long distance can be scheduled, as i find a schedule is very restrictive when you're already restricted by the distance.

Dunno, my boyfriend and I will only text each other some days, but other day's we'll be on skype for hours at a time. Other days we'll have a quick phone call and some texts. It really depends on if he's working or if i'm working/at uni. We just take each day as it comes

ReputationRep:
    Well when uni first made us a ldr we used to Skype every 2 or 3 days, it was lovely to see him but I don't think we've skyped since February! Perhaps the distance has got the better of us! We have spontaneous calls, each for approx 30-40 mins! It's usually if we haven't text in a while or to catch up after exams or certain events. But honestly after 2 years we don't really talk as we used to! I guess it's more of a convenience thing to our calls we don't specifically take a certain evening or hour out for one and other

ReputationRep:
    We Skype every night when we go to bed (even though there's a 5 hour time difference, I go to bed early and he stays up late). We're really only soppy in one way, in that we both sleep with Skype on and have it on auto-answer in case the internet craps out on us. We also have spontaneous texts and phone calls when we've got the time. We were the same when we lived together (and closer) though, we're both big on smaller, more concentrated groups of people, rather than going out with a big group.

Since we have to go months on end without being physically together, we make up for it with communication.

ReputationRep:
    When I was in an LDR we'd text alllllllll day mostly then Skype/phone every few nights.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.