Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you often notice people fancying you? Watch

When they say: ok just let me see my family one last time and i'll do what you say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mel1215)
    when someone randomly out of the blue asks "So do you have a boyfriend?"
    You have to be a bit careful with this one. I got to know this girl after meeting her at a friend's bday party. We were getting on really well. After a couple of days of texting and chatting over coffee, she asked "so do you have a girlfriend?" I said no, I'm single. Took this as a pretty good sign that she was interested and hinting me to ask her out. I asked her out. Turned out she had a boyfriend. Oops, got that wrong!

She apparently was asking because she thought I would make a good match for her friend!

ReputationRep:
    Nein.

I don't know what signs are.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    No. I thought ht did; but he's just obsessed with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superduper9)
    You have to be a bit careful with this one. I got to know this girl after meeting her at a friend's bday party. We were getting on really well. After a couple of days of texting and chatting over coffee, she asked "so do you have a girlfriend?" I said no, I'm single. Took this as a pretty good sign that she was interested and hinting me to ask her out. I asked her out. Turned out she had a boyfriend. Oops, got that wrong!

She apparently was asking because she thought I would make a good match for her friend!
    Ooo I'll bare that in mind then! I just find it so odd when people ask in such random circumstances haha

ReputationRep:
    I go on the assumption that literally everyone fancies me and work on that basis.

ReputationRep:
    I think despite someone being all touchy and flirty and stuff doesn't necessarily mean they fancy you though...there is a possibility they do it to others too O.o So sometimes it can be a little mixed when it comes to knowing whether someone fancies you...

ReputationRep:
    They don't notice because of how I look at them

Name:  25c6_The_Leave_Me_Alone_Face.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  79.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    If a girl likes my Facebook status, it's obvious she wants the D.

ReputationRep:
    When the girl actually comes up to me and then laughs at my feeble jokes. One of my friends actually has a small collection of jokes purely for working out whether she does like him or not.

ReputationRep:
    No idea, I tell a lot of jokes that people laugh at so I never know if someone's interested in me :lol:

I just assume that they all are

edit: once had a female friend of mine start talking to me about how difficult it is to get into a relationship at uni.. and then when I asked her out she turned me down :confused: - girls can't be trusted to know when they're accidentally giving signals

ReputationRep:
    If you get addicted to this attention then that might mean you're addicted to novelty. Which means any future relationship you have may not have a long life span. Roving eyes. So be guardful about this.

ReputationRep:
    No, I'd guess that I'm either unable to pick up signs or no one is interested but I know I'm great at picking up signs.

ReputationRep:
    Most girls fancy me so I genuinely just assume that they all do.

ReputationRep:
    Flirty banter usually gives the game away, also when someone randomly out of the blue asks "So do you have a boyfriend?" when your talking about something completely irrelevant like the weather lol. Ooohh and when they notice the little things, like a change in your hair/perfume.
    My friend asked me the other day whether I had a girlfriend out of the blue (we were all talking about which trains and buses were the quickest route home). I knew I should have responded with something like "what, you wanna know whether I'm free to ask out or something? :perv: " I would have loved to see her response

Tbf I wasn't totally oblivious to the fact she may have liked me either, the signs were there. Although this isn't conclusive evidence that she likes me. Anyway I don't want anything to ever happen between us so I don't care.

ReputationRep:
    Flirty banter usually gives the game away, also when someone randomly out of the blue asks "So do you have a boyfriend?" when your talking about something completely irrelevant like the weather lol. Ooohh and when they notice the little things, like a change in your hair/perfume.
    I agree that asking 'do you have a boyfriend' is a pretty blatant sign. I tend to avoid this as I think it corners a girl a bit. Even if she is single she may not be interested. So best only to ask this if you have already decided to follow up with asking her out. Usually it is easy to find this out anyway or it can be teased out more subtly.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I notice, sometimes I don't.

ReputationRep:
    I used to be completely oblivious but I am understanding the signs more now! But I always get worried I'm reading the situation wrong!
    I notice compliments, friends teasing the person who likes you in front of you and when they act differently around you.

ReputationRep:
    I find it impossible to tell the difference between friendliness and flirtation. Until they actually kiss me or ask me out, I'm oblivious.

Apparently this is obvious to the people who know me, who frequently say I'm a flirty person, when honestly I don't think I've ever actually tried to hit on anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat91s)
    I only notice it if someone tells me.
    Yes but what happens when they tell you and you freak out and can't be friends anymore...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 20, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.