Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do I have body dysmorphia? (With pics) Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've lost 5 stone too and really struggle to see what others see! I fit into size 10 clothes however if I was to guess my size looking in the mirror I think I'm a 14, wish I could see how small others say I am!! You look great though, get tights you feel comfortable with :-) within reason obviously...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've lost about 3 and a half stone in a year and I'm struggling to see myself as thin too. I still want to lose more but I only weigh 9st 7lbs which for a guy isn't that much. You look great though! I know it doesn't mean much when people say it, but seriously, I don't see anything wrong with your size.

ReputationRep:
    Time for a bulk brah.

Plus imagine how high that OHP will fly!

By general perception of how thin someone is, you're pretty much average now. Remember the scale isn't that accurate as an absolute reference.

ReputationRep:
    But even if I lean bulked wouldn't that make me fat again? I was hoping to get quite lean, then lean bulk and then the extra fat I gain would still be average fat if you get what I mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tooosh)
    Time for a bulk brah.

Plus imagine how high that OHP will fly!

By general perception of how thin someone is, you're pretty much average now. Remember the scale isn't that accurate as an absolute reference.
    But even if I lean bulked wouldn't that make me fat again? I was hoping to get quite lean, then lean bulk and then the extra fat I gain would still be average fat if you get what I mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreebWithaHat)
    Depends on your genetics and where your body decides to put those extra calories. Don't forget that you'll be putting on muscle as well as fat if you bulk so you can't extrapolate from "I ate well when I was younger and still got fat!" if that's the case.
    Even if you get a bit fatter you'll still look better. It'll be... toned fat lol. The muscle will hold the fat up and it won't be sagging skinnyfat style. When that gets too much you can just go on a cut again.

But tbh most people have body dysmorphia to some extent. Thank the media and gender pressures. You can get rid of it or channel it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tooosh)
    Depends on your genetics and where your body decides to put those extra calories. Don't forget that you'll be putting on muscle as well as fat if you bulk so you can't extrapolate from "I ate well when I was younger and still got fat!" if that's the case.
    Even if you get a bit fatter you'll still look better. It'll be... toned fat lol. The muscle will hold the fat up and it won't be sagging skinnyfat style. When that gets too much you can just go on a cut again.

But tbh most people have body dysmorphia to some extent. Thank the media and gender pressures. You can get rid of it or channel it.
    I see what you mean, thanks for the advice mate. I'm going to continue cutting until Ramadan, then reverse diet and then lean bulk I think. You're right it's better in the long term

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreebWithaHat)
    I see what you mean, thanks for the advice mate. I'm going to continue cutting until Ramadan, then reverse diet and then lean bulk I think. You're right it's better in the long term
    I agree with the previous poster - you seem pretty skinny to me now - judging from the way your clothes hang on you. Time to eat more and pump the iron, and you will end up looking better and liking yourself more.
    Body weight is nothing, body fat is a much more accurate measure.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 20, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.