Turn on thread page Beta

What message have you ever wrote to an examiner in an exam paper? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pessimist)
    People actually do this?
    Nope this is a dream and we are making this up...
    Seriously, wake up, you have exams you have to be revising for.

ReputationRep:
    Me love you long time Mistah Examiner

ReputationRep:
    In a Core 2 paper, I couldn't get an answer to part of a question so I just wrote "Let's assume that the answer is 2" in order to carry on with my working for the next part. I looked up the answer in the mark scheme when it came out and it turned out to be correct which pleasantly surprised me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SexiestNameEver)
    Nope this is a dream and we are making this up...
    Seriously, wake up, you have exams you have to be revising for.
    Tad aggressive. I was just asking the question as it seems rather adventurous and optimistic, that's all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dooobie_)
    I once wrote 'I don't think I can do this' after I scribbled a paragraph out in my GCSE English Language exam and I started again underneath and got an A*. The school got the script back as an exemplar and at the side the examiner put 'Yes you can'. Honestly, best feeling I've ever had. A stranger having belief and faith in me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This brought a tear to my eye. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    'Hi Examiner, hope you are well. Sorry for my sloppy writing from hereon in, but 1.5 marks a minute for 90 minutes simply isn't fair game.'

ReputationRep:
    In GCSE RS there was a question about why people would want to get confirmed (in a church, I can't remember the exact wording) at the time I was about a week away from getting confirmed as a Catholic. I decided to tell the examiner this

ReputationRep:
    Wow didn't realise people did this. I got told I'd seriously get penalised for it if I wrote notes. But regardless in my mechanics exam last year I wrote a note to my examiner saying that I have a migraine and how unfair it was, and drew a unicorn in the next answer space. I got a U. He either had no sympathy or doesn't believe in unicorns.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    thanks for marking my paper...full ums physics

ReputationRep:
    In my Maths Unit 2 GCSE retake paper, I wrote a message on the last question (which I could not do) which constituted of "Sorry for my stupidity - I don't think Maths is my forte."

3 marks off an A

totally didn't cry :emo:

Also, this isn't a message per say, but in the English Language GCSE exam in January I did a little smiley face at the end of each question. Got an A*!

ReputationRep:
    C4 exam. Saw the final 8 mark question and genuinely couldn't even understand it.
    I ended up figuring it out eventually (much to my relief) and felt a bit too cocky so I wrote, "I got 99 problems but this ***** ain't one". I even drew the giraffe from 64 Zoo Lane on the edge of the booklet.
    I ended up getting a B, two marks off of an A. :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    I remember writing a short apology at the end of one particularly poor effort

ReputationRep:
    "Email this address, and I'll transfer money to you by Paypal".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    "Email this address, and I'll transfer money to you by Paypal".
    What did you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SexiestNameEver)
    What did you get?
    A U I think.

ReputationRep:
    I always wanted to write 'You are clearly a good examiner if you give me 100%'

ReputationRep:
    Do we realise that the exam script has to be checked by more than one examiner?

ReputationRep:
    'Cry'

ReputationRep:
    I think an examiner told my English teacher, who told us one lesson, that if you write any notes to the examiner, then your paper automatically is sent to the chief examiner. I don't know what that means, but honestly I'm not going to risk it...

ReputationRep:
    I want to slap people who do this

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.