The Student Room Group

What message have you ever wrote to an examiner in an exam paper?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pessimist
People actually do this? :redface:

Nope this is a dream and we are making this up...
Seriously, wake up, you have exams you have to be revising for.
Reply 21
Me love you long time Mistah Examiner
In a Core 2 paper, I couldn't get an answer to part of a question so I just wrote "Let's assume that the answer is 2" in order to carry on with my working for the next part. I looked up the answer in the mark scheme when it came out and it turned out to be correct which pleasantly surprised me
Original post by SexiestNameEver
Nope this is a dream and we are making this up...
Seriously, wake up, you have exams you have to be revising for.

Tad aggressive. I was just asking the question as it seems rather adventurous and optimistic, that's all.
Reply 24
Original post by dooobie_
I once wrote 'I don't think I can do this' after I scribbled a paragraph out in my GCSE English Language exam and I started again underneath and got an A*. The school got the script back as an exemplar and at the side the examiner put 'Yes you can'. Honestly, best feeling I've ever had. A stranger having belief and faith in me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

This brought a tear to my eye. :emo:
'Hi Examiner, hope you are well. Sorry for my sloppy writing from hereon in, but 1.5 marks a minute for 90 minutes simply isn't fair game.'
Reply 26
In GCSE RS there was a question about why people would want to get confirmed (in a church, I can't remember the exact wording) at the time I was about a week away from getting confirmed as a Catholic. I decided to tell the examiner this:biggrin:
Reply 27
Wow didn't realise people did this. I got told I'd seriously get penalised for it if I wrote notes. But regardless in my mechanics exam last year I wrote a note to my examiner saying that I have a migraine and how unfair it was, and drew a unicorn in the next answer space. I got a U. He either had no sympathy or doesn't believe in unicorns. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks for marking my paper...full ums physics
In my Maths Unit 2 GCSE retake paper, I wrote a message on the last question (which I could not do) which constituted of "Sorry for my stupidity - I don't think Maths is my forte."

3 marks off an A :colonhash:

totally didn't cry :emo:

Also, this isn't a message per say, but in the English Language GCSE exam in January I did a little smiley face at the end of each question. Got an A*! :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
I remember writing a short apology at the end of one particularly poor effort
Reply 31
"Email this address, and I'll transfer money to you by Paypal".
Original post by Yawn11
"Email this address, and I'll transfer money to you by Paypal".

What did you get?
Reply 33
Original post by SexiestNameEver
What did you get?

A U I think.
Reply 34
I always wanted to write 'You are clearly a good examiner if you give me 100%'
Reply 35
Do we realise that the exam script has to be checked by more than one examiner?
Reply 36
'Cry'
Reply 37
I think an examiner told my English teacher, who told us one lesson, that if you write any notes to the examiner, then your paper automatically is sent to the chief examiner. I don't know what that means, but honestly I'm not going to risk it...
I want to slap people who do this
In my GCSE Maths exam in Year 10 I wrote an apology note for the examiner having to waste their time marking my paper and how my mum would cut me off and I'd end up getting nowhere in life without a C in Maths.

In my R.E exam I asked if they enjoyed reading bullsh*t and in my English Language reading paper I complained to the examiner at the end of the exam about the man who wrote the article using internet explorer.

I get quite bored...

Quick Reply

Latest