Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's your ideal sleeping environment? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Not fussy at all, prefer a quite dark room. But to be honest im fine going sleep in any situation, light/dark, loud/quite, pillow/no pillow, bed/floor,

ReputationRep:
    Door shut, pitch black apart from the sun through the curtains in the morning and silent or else I get annoyed.

ReputationRep:
    Good to know I'm not the only one who has to have complete darkness to sleep! Even the light on my laptop charger has to be covered or I can't sleep. I always have my door closed but that's just because my parents go to bed earlier than I do and I don't want my telly to disturb them.

ReputationRep:
    Completely Dark Room, Really Warm, Raining, Naked no socks even and tight sheets

ReputationRep:
    The room has to be dark (I can never sleep during the day) but noises levels are not really a problem. Obviously quiet is optimum but I live on a busy road in a big city so there's not often much of that.

ReputationRep:
    Door shut, curtains drawn, lights off and duvet up to my chin. Having my boy cuddled up to me makes it so much better though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BayHarborButcher)
    I don't know anyone who wears sock to bed you strange person! It could be -20 and I dont!
    They're not strange, I do, my sister does and I've known others to as well, in the summer it may not be necessary, but I don't want to get cold feet in the winter

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I always sleep with the door closed, in darkness, and wear socks and a hoodie if it's cold

ReputationRep:
    I have the door closed and a night light because I'm a bit of a pussy. :erm: Apart from that nothing I really need to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    I have to have my wife sandras big fat breasts squishing up against my neck for my to get a wink of sleep now a days. Then boooom good night vienna

ReputationRep:
    Utter silence and as dark as possible.

I also like to read before I go to bed.

ReputationRep:
    I like quiet (I hate when I'm at a friends and the DVD menu is playing on repeat) but don't mind a bit of light at all. Covers and some sort of pillow- feet covered and head raised a bit basically. I always find I get a really good nights sleep in a tent whilst camping, probably because there's no bright computer/tv lights and you have to save phone battery so can't use that much. and you can't do much for long after its dark too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    any naked sleepers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)
    They're not strange, I do, my sister does and I've known others to as well, in the summer it may not be necessary, but I don't want to get cold feet in the winter

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha I was only joking, but I just havent heard of it before...

ReputationRep:
    I have to sleep with the door open, and the corridor light on. Have no idea why, just the way it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shanej13)
    any naked sleepers?
    Yesss, and absolutely has to be no light in my room also :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I prefer pretty dark but normally with the curtains open or I won't be able to wake up! Silence isn't key but obviously I like it quiet. I do spend a lot of the night curled up in a ball facing the wall inside the duvet, which I guess is a waste of the double bed because I only use about a quarter of it

ReputationRep:
    Complete opposite to OP: I need light and noise. I blame it on spending my early years in London, where it was never dark and never quiet ... so I got used to sleeping in that condition.

Now I live in the middle of nowhere, I usually put the television onto to what I call a 'bedtime programme' - essentially background noise that I don't really watch (Countryfile is good for this...) - because it provides both noise and light.

ReputationRep:
    Ideally pitch black, naked but with a duvet cover and complete silence, or with quiet music playing. A girl I used to be friends with insists on having the TV on with the volume up. I can't sleep in that environment, especially considering we weren't even on a bed.

ReputationRep:
    Door shut
    Total darkness in the whole house
    Ear plugs
    Only face poking out of the blanket, sleeping on my side facing the wall
    Water or juice on my windowsill
    Curtains shut
    Window open, even when it's cold
    All plugs out of sockets and wardrobe and drawers closed properly

Otherwise I can't sleep

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.