0%
    Explorer's Daughter
    48.15%
    Beach Safety
    0%
    Climate Change
    3.70%

ReputationRep:
    the last question i did three quarters of a page, good stuff tho, but i didn't know you had the write 3 pages or more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGCSE Student)
    Well we've all got Lit to look forward to now tomorrow. What books have you all studied?
    Inspector calls and of mice and men

ReputationRep:
    same. for inspector calls i'm just revising inspector and mr and mrs birling as in the last two exams sheila, eric and eva have come up. its bound to be the inspector

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manny1234)
    what was the question about on explorers daughter, i completely forgot and just wanna see whether i did it right if any one remember please!
    I can't remember the question exactly... but it asked you about how kari herbert shows her conflicts and thoughts about hunting... i basically talked about devices used.. and the effect on the reader and how it talks about her thoughts or feelings.. like pattern of three or juxtaposition and stuff like that... : /

ReputationRep:
    Well we've all got Lit to look forward to now tomorrow. What books have you all studied?
    Of mice and men and a view from the bridge... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enoseli08)
    Pride and Prejudice and A View From a Bridge
    You? :confused:
    What are you revising from a view from the bridge? like any specific quotes or anything? im really scared itll be a hard question..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by msxo)
    Of mice and men and a view from the bridge... :/
    What do you think is gonna come up for mice and men?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by msxo)
    I can't remember the question exactly... but it asked you about how kari herbert shows her conflicts and thoughts about hunting... i basically talked about devices used.. and the effect on the reader and how it talks about her thoughts or feelings.. like pattern of three or juxtaposition and stuff like that... : /
    Do you remember what paragraphs you deduced them from? I was kind of skimming the rest right down to the last two paragraphs where she started talking about her conflicts =S

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ddogg)
    What do you think is gonna come up for mice and men?
    I don't know.. AQA had a question about power & slim... so i doubt we'd be doing something similiar... I think something thats difficult something that hasn't come up, or something rather unusual... what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweakey)
    Do you remember what paragraphs you deduced them from? I was kind of skimming the rest right down to the last two paragraphs where she started talking about her conflicts =S
    I can't really remember, but i talked about the pattern of three she uses "To dive, to leave to survive" and i talked about the juxatposition she uses... and about that quote "my heart leapt for both the narwhal and the whale in that split second.." i talked about the "split second" quote... you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by msxo)
    I can't really remember, but i talked about the pattern of three she uses "To dive, to leave to survive" and i talked about the juxatposition she uses... and about that quote "my heart leapt for both the narwhal and the whale in that split second.." i talked about the "split second" quote... you?
    Argh crap, I wasn't told there was going to be Anthology involved in this... I ended up just quoting some stuff and how it showed conflicts for Kari. But the text was horribly difficult, completely put me off. So I didn't try to find the language techniques. Everything rides on paper 2 -.-

Do you know what comes up in paper 2?

ReputationRep:
    how else did you guys answer the other questions? did you find them difficult?

ReputationRep:
    Argh crap, I wasn't told there was going to be Anthology involved in this... I ended up just quoting some stuff and how it showed conflicts for Kari. But the text was horribly difficult, completely put me off. So I didn't try to find the language techniques. Everything rides on paper 2 -.-

Do you know what comes up in paper 2?
    How come you didn't know the anthology?! that's so weird! haha thats fine though, i'm sure you did fine.. which text were you put off by? i was put off by the unseen text! so bad
    umm, I'm doing of mice and men and a view from the bridge in the exam tomorrow.. you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by msxo)
    How come you didn't know the anthology?! that's so weird! haha thats fine though, i'm sure you did fine.. which text were you put off by? i was put off by the unseen text! so bad
    umm, I'm doing of mice and men and a view from the bridge in the exam tomorrow.. you?
    Mice and Men? I'm doing it as a priv candidate, I wasn't aware the "language" paper had anthology questions because I thought that was related to Literature.

I'm pretty sure I didn't do fine =L. What answer did you come up with for the unseen text btw? I just want to see if I did it right. Feelings connected to weather? Pathetic Fallacy technique? If it is, then I didn't mention it -.-

I was put off by the Explorer's Daughter. Paper 2 is on 23rd, I'm not even going to bother revising the anthology because I have no idea what's going to come up and I cannot revise one story in 3 days.

What's going to come up on paper 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by msxo)
    Some of us are Private Candidates and are doing it as retake. I'm actually a mature student and decided in Feb that I wanted a career change but to do my course and new job I need a better grade than the one I achieved many many years ago! We, therefore, do not have a teacher or anyone to explain how these exams work. Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    Mice and Men? I'm doing it as a priv candidate, I wasn't aware the "language" paper had anthology questions because I thought that was related to Literature.

I'm pretty sure I didn't do fine =L. What answer did you come up with for the unseen text btw? I just want to see if I did it right. Feelings connected to weather? Pathetic Fallacy technique? If it is, then I didn't mention it -.-

I was put off by the Explorer's Daughter. Paper 2 is on 23rd, I'm not even going to bother revising the anthology because I have no idea what's going to come up and I cannot revise one story in 3 days.

What's going to come up on paper 2?
    Just read through the anthology just incase... Just to be familiar with the texts you know.. I'm pretty sure I didn't do fine either
    Whats paper 2 on the 23rd? I only have my last english exam tomorrow which is the Lit about of mice and men and a View from the bridge.

Umm, I talked about visual imagrey, auditory... i didn't mention pathetic fallacy haha..you...? :/

ReputationRep:
    Only 3 days till paper 2, if anyone has any good resource on revising iGCSE English Language it would really be great if someone put it on here, I would really appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by msxo)
    Just read through the anthology just incase... Just to be familiar with the texts you know.. I'm pretty sure I didn't do fine either
    Whats paper 2 on the 23rd? I only have my last english exam tomorrow which is the Lit about of mice and men and a View from the bridge.

Umm, I talked about visual imagrey, auditory... i didn't mention pathetic fallacy haha..you...? :/
    Just used quotes to show her conflict -.-

I'm not familiar with Edexcel Anthology, only the AQA one which I did in school.

ReputationRep:
    My predictions for An Inspector Calls tomorrow is a question on the significance of the Inspector.

My predictions for Of Mice and Men is a question on the theme of loneliness.

Anybody else got any predictions???

ReputationRep:
    My predictions for An Inspector Calls tomorrow is a question on the significance of the Inspector.

My predictions for Of Mice and Men is a question on the theme of loneliness.

Anybody else got any predictions???
    I don't think itll be the loneliness one, cause thats to easy to predict & it has appeared in past papers i guess? .. don't you think?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.