Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Also try Masters with Postgraduate Diploma exit routes. A Postgraduate Diploma is Masters without a dissertation.

One uni just offered me conditional Masters - provided I do well in the first semester, otherwise I can't take the dissertation and thus exit with PGDip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missingyou1018)
    Hi, I would like to tell you , the answer is no. I have been dying trying getting a master course in the UCL economics as an Australia bachelor degree holder without hornors title. The Universities in UK seems have been very looking down upon the Australia degree. We all know that if we are heading to do the hornors year in Australia, the requirement is distinction on average. With such great score, we can go to the the UNSW or USYD for master degree already. It is unlikely we would spend one hornors year in Australia then we apply for another master course in the UK.

It is a lifetime regret that I lost my deeply loved ex boyfriend forever cause i got no chance to head to the UK and join him for master degreeone year ago. I am now planning go to UNSW for Master of Professional Accounting.

Good luck to you
    Hey missingyou1080, did you actually apply to UCL? UCL's site doesn't mention Honours.

The award of a Bachelor degree from a recognised institution with good grades is acceptable for application to graduate programmes.

I did a little searching and unearthed seven more unis who accept three year Australian degrees.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Holders of good bachelor degrees Ordinary/Honours or graduate diplomas with the following minimum requirements will be considered for entry to postgraduate diploma and masters programmes.

Bachelor degree Ordinary: very good pass

Bachelor degree Honours: minimum lower second class honours
    Sheffield

Applicants should have a good Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution, preferably with at least an upper second class or a very good lower second class degree. Some, but not all, courses require for that first degree to be in a related field. Applicants should check with the Department to which they wish to apply.
    Essex

Students offering a Bachelor's degree from an Australian university are welcome to apply for a Masters programme. Applicants are generally required to have a good Bachelor (Honours) degree at Upper Second Class standard or a high pass (approximately 70%) in the three-year Ordinary degree from a recognised Australian university.
    Liverpool

A bachelors degree from a recognised university will be considered for masters entry.

For honours degrees, requirements are the same as those for UK bachelors degrees (honours). For ordinary degrees, requirements are typically 70% for courses requiring a UK 2:1, and 60% for course requiring a UK 2:2.
    Nottingham

We would normally require a four-year Bachelor's (Honours) degree with a 2:1 Distinction (70-79%), although some courses may also welcome applicants offering at least a 2:2 Credit (60-69%). Applications from students with a three-year Bachelor's degree from a G8 university or RMIT are also particularly welcomed and would normally be expected to present excellent grades of First Class or High Distinction. Those applying from a non-G8 university other than RMIT will need to be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
    Warwick

The award of a Bachelor degree from a recognised institution with good grades is acceptable for application to graduate programmes.
    UCL

I've been accepted into Sheffield - unconditionally. Sorry for making three consecutive posts. I hope this bumps up the thread as it's nearing the closing date for applications. I urge those with similar circumstances to apply to UK universities!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddler)
    Hey missingyou1080, did you actually apply to UCL? UCL's site doesn't mention Honours.

I did a little searching and unearthed seven more unis who accept three year Australian degrees.

I've been accepted into Sheffield - unconditionally. Sorry for making three consecutive posts. I hope this bumps up the thread as it's nearing the closing date for applications. I urge those with similar circumstances to apply to UK universities!
    Hey, Yah, the Top 10 ranking Unis of UK require Honors Degree. Btw. even if UCL or Warrick accept AU student, they require at least 80 out of 100 average score.

I score less than that during three years study

ReputationRep:
    I discovered an official UK grade equivalency table yesterday (posted in the postgrad thread). Interesting to note that that also says that you need Australian honours as equivalent to a UK honours degree. So rather than blaming the unis who don't take an ordinary Australian degree, be thankful you have found some who find ways to be lenient on that...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.